"Brandon said he is going to take all of his visits and then sit down with his family and make a decision," Prunty said. "A guy called me the other day and said that [running back] Darrell Blackman had left, and that wasn't true."
Setzer, 6-foot-6, 280-pounds, said he had narrowed his schools down to North Carolina and N.C. State prior to this season. But following the Tigers' Oct. 12 game with the UNC junior varsity team in Chapel Hill, he said he had added Virginia Tech and Tennessee to his list of choices.
The reason for the change in Setzer's timeframe is apparently related to academic qualification matters, a source told Inside Carolina on Thursday. It had been speculated that since Carolina was in such good shape with Setzer, the Nov. 7 announcement would be for the Tar Heels. But for now the focus is on qualifying.
Carolina currently has four commitments prepping at Hargrave – all defensive linemen: Terry Hunter, Khalif Mitchell, Marcus Hands and Kenny Price. Along with Setzer, the Tar Heels are also reportedly interested in fullback Derek Burrell (6-2, 225, Midlothian, Ga.), wide receiver Armand Cauthen (6-1, 195, Douglasville, Ga.), wide receiver Justin Harper (6-4, 205, Catawba, N.C.) and linebacker Antonio Reynolds (6-4, 245, Akron, Ohio).
On Dec. 8, Hargrave will hold its annual combine, which will be attended by over 200 coaches. All of Carolina's commitments and prospects will be on display.