- Although Albert Craddock rushed for 135 yards on 21 carries, he was limited to just scoring on a two-point conversion. Limiting Craddock resulted in High Point (N.C.) Southwest Guilford's first lost of of the season -- 35-27 to Wentworth (N.C.) Rockingham County. News-Record.com Article
- In the season opener, Ryan Houston's 113 yards and two touchdowns on 22 rushes helped Matthews (N.C.) Butler to a 36-13 victory over Huntersville (N.C.) North Mecklenburg. Charlotte Observer Article
- Just like Craddock, Dwight Jones put up the numbers -- 8 catches for 98 yards, but couldn't find the end zone as Burlington (N.C.) Cummings was shutout 12-0 at the hands of Greensboro (N.C.) Dudley. Inside Carolina Article; Burlington Times-News; Greensboro News & Record
- William Brimfield and Neeses (S.C.) Hunter-Kinard-Tyler win their opener against North Charleston (S.C.) Academic Magnet, 40-6... Emanuel Davis' Manteo (N.C.) shutout Columbia (N.C.) 49-0... Jonathan Smith and Durham (N.C.) Hillside remain undefeated by routing Graham (N.C.), 40-6... Jay Wooten was the leg behind Laurinburg (S.C.) Scotland's 27-0 victory over Lumberton (N.C.)
- Major Targets Notes: Greg Little caught six passes for 121 yards... Tydreke Powell and Ahoskie (N.C.) Hertford County defeat Wilson (N.C.) Fike 41-28... Wesley Saunders' Durham (N.C.) Riverside are upset by Raleigh Enloe, 21-18... Quan Sturdivant and Oakboro (N.C.) Stanly lose to Monroe (N.C.) Sun Valley, 25-7
Football Committments Weekly Stats
Inside Carolina Top Stories
Contrasting Scoring HalvesUNC relied on Justin Jackson in the first half before taking a more balanced approach after halftime.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 9:44 PM
Photos: Recruits at UNC-UVaCHAPEL HILL, N.C. --- North Carolina hosted some important recruits for Saturday night's primetime win over Virginia, headlined by Top 10 official visitor Kevin Knox.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 9:35 PM
UNC-UVa: Roy Williams PostgameUNC's head coach spoke to reporters following his team's 65-41 win over No. 14 Virginia.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 8:28 PM
First Report: Heels Lock Down, Blow Out CavsUNC handed Virginia its worst loss since Dec. 30, 2013.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 6:53 PM