- Ryan Houston scores four touchdowns (46-, 10-, 1-, and 12-yard runs) in Matthews (N.C.) Butler's 70-0 route of Charlotte (N.C.) Ardrey Kell. Houston rushed for 156 yards on 14 carries. "We didn't really want to look at them as a first-year team," Houston told the Charlotte Observer. "We focus on the things we do best, and we don't look down on any team. We'll play them like we play Myers Park or Independence..." Charlotte Observer Story
- In Chatham (Va.) Hargrave's 31-15 defeat of U.S. Naval Academy, Miguel Chavis returned a fumble 50 yards for a touchdown.
- While the 323 rushing yards virtually gave Burlington (N.C.) Cummings a 52-42 victory over rival Burlington (N.C.) Williams. Dwight Jones caught six passes for 112 yards and a 47-yard touchdown. He also recorded three tackles on defense. News-Record Story
- In Syracuse (N.Y.) Christian Brothers' 42-12 rout of Cocoran, Mike Paulus threw for 166 yards and three touchdown passes, all in the first half. Syracuse Post-Standard Story
- William Brimfield's Neeses (S.C.) Hunter-Kinard-Tyler edge Estill (S.C.) by a touchdown, 21-14... Abert Craddock and High Point (N.C.) Southwest Guilford were shutout by Asheboro (N.C.), 7-0... Mike Dykes and Pittsburgh (Pa.) Woodland Hills defeat Pittsburgh (Pa.) Central Catholic, 17-14... In Chris Gray's first game, Landrum (S.C.) romp Clinton (S.C.) Thornwell, 44-0... Cameron Holland's Pittsburgh (Pa.) Perry Traditional Academy records their third shutout in a row against Pittsburgh (Pa.) Allerdice, 29-0... Fonterrian Ingram's Atlanta (N.C.) McNair loses to Stone Mountain (Ga.) Redan, 10-7... DaNorris Searcy and Decatur (Ga.) Towers suffer their fourth loss -- a 42-0 lose to Stone Mountain (Ga.) Stephenson... In a game with plenty of Division I-A talent, Lamar Milstead's Washington (D.C.) Ballou loses 27-20 to Washington (D.C.) Dunbar... Jonathan Smith and Durham (N.C.) Hillside lose to Durham (N.C.) Jordan, 21-20... With the help of Jay Wooten's leg, Laurinburg (N.C.) Scotland crush Southern Pines (N.C.) Pinecrest, 70-0.
- Major Targets: In Charlotte (N.C.) Independence's 97th straight victory -- a 44-0 romp of Monroe (N.C.) Weddington, Jason Barnes caught an 11-yard touchdown pass... John Elliott's East Meadow (N.Y.) beat Uniondale (N.Y.), 41-7... Rob Gronkowski's Pittsburgh (Pa.) Woodland Hills edges Stefan Wisniewski's Pittsburgh (Pa.) Central Catholic, 17-14... Durham (N.C.) Hillside drops their conference opener to Durham (N.C.) Jordan on a failed two-point attempt. Greg Little contributed a 71-yard touchdown reception to the effort. He ended the night with four rushes for -7 yards and five catches for 118 yards. Durham Herald Sun Story... Tydreke Powell's eight tackles (three solo) helped Ahoskie (N.C.) Hertford County shutout Elizabeth City (N.C.) Northeastern, 55-0. Wesley Saunders scores two touchdowns (45-yard catch and 45-yard run) and a two-point conversion in Durham (N.C.) Riverside's 21-19 win over Roxboro (N.C.) Person. Saunders caught four passes for 73 yards Durham Herald Sun Story... Tyrel Worthington's Winterville (N.C.) South Central loses to Vanceboro (N.C.) West Craven, 41-20
Football Commitments Weekly Stats
Inside Carolina Top Stories
Countdown to Kickoff: Florida StateThe game is set to kick off at 3:30pm (ESPN) on Saturday.
Inside Carolina12:25 PM
Hoops Insider: Brandon RobinsonInside Carolina compiled insider perspectives to create an exclusive player-by-player preview of North Carolina's 2016-17 season.
Inside Carolina5:11 AM
Hoops Insider: Tony BradleyInside Carolina compiled insider perspectives to create an exclusive player-by-player preview of North Carolina's 2016-17 season.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 7:13 AM
Podcast: Jason & Buck Talk UNC-FSUJason Staples and Buck Sanders join host Tommy Ashley to discuss Carolina's plan of attack against Florida State and Staples provides his unique take on this FSU team.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 5:39 AM
The Challenges in TallahasseeThe Inside Carolina staff convened for a new site feature -- a free-for-all chat -- in advance of North Carolina's game at Florida State on Saturday.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 5:37 AM