- Despite Albert Craddock's two touchdown runs (one and nine yards), High Point (N.C.) Southwest Guilford was eliminated from the NCHSAA 3AA Playoffs with a 42-13 loss to Monroe (N.C.) Sun Valley. Charlotte Observer Story
- Ryan Houston was able to make up for his two fumbles with three touchdown runs (30, four, and two yards) to help Matthews Butler beat Laurinburg (N.C.) Scotland County and advance to the second round of the NCHSAA 4AA State Playoffs. On the night, Houston rushed for 194 yards on 28 carries. Charlotte Observer Story Inside Carolina Story
- Fonterrian Ingram explodes to lead Atlanta (Ga.) McNair to a 41-0 rout of Clarkston. Ingram, who rushed for 228 yards on 11 carries, scored on runs of 25, 27, 81, and 50 yards. Atlanta Journal-Constitution Story
- Jay Wooten misses two field goals (27 and 32 yards) as Laurinburg (N.C.) Scotland County is eliminated from the NCHSAA 4AA State Playoffs with a 21-17 loss to Matthews Butler. Wooten converted 2-of-2 extra points and made a 30-yard field. Unofficially, he averaged 40.75 yards per punt. Fayetteville Observer Story Charlotte Observer Story
- Emanuel Davis and Manteo (N.C.) record their eight shutout -- 49-0 over Pinetown (N.C.) Northside... Mike Dykes' Pittsburgh (Pa.) Woodland Hills lost 24-17 to Wexford (Pa.) North Alleghany... Chris Gray's Landrum (S.C.) lost to Fairfax (S.C.) Allendale-Fairfax, 40-21... Cameron Holland's Pittsburgh (Pa.) Perry Traditional Academy were defeated by Pittsburgh (Pa.) Brashear, 19-7... Dwight Jones and Burlington (N.C.) Cummings advance to the second round of the NCHSAA 2A Playoffs with 63-49 victory over Monroe (N.C.)... DaNorris Searcy's Decatur (Ga.) Towers defeated Atlanta (Ga.) Southside, 22-13... Jonathan Smith and Durham (N.C.) Hillside defeated Roxboro (N.C.) Person, 39-12 to earn a 2nd round berth in the NCHSAA 4A State Playoffs.
- Major Targets: Jason Barnes caught five passes for 151 yards and two touchdowns (seven and 55 yards) to help Charlotte (N.C.) Independence defeat Monroe (N.C.) Weddington, 37-6 and advance to the 2nd round of the NCHSAA 4AA Playoffs. Charlotte Observer Story... John Elliott's East Meadow (N.Y.) won their second round playoff bout with Massapequa (N.Y.), 34-13... Tydreke Powell and Ahoskie (N.C.) Hertford County shutout Dudley (N.C.) Southern Wayne, 42-0 to advance to the second round of the NCHSAA 3A Playoffs... Stefan Wisniewski's Pittsburgh (Pa.) Central Catholic advance to the third round of the WPIAL Class AAAA playoffs with a 24-13 win over McKeesport (Pa.)... Weslye Saunders scores on a two-yard run to help Durham (N.C.) Riverside upset Raleigh (N.C.) Athens Drive, 41-21 to advance to the second round of the NCHSAA 4AA State Playoffs. Durham Herald-Sun Story... Tyrell Worthington blew up for six touchdowns and rushed for 351 yards to give Winterville (N.C.) South Central a first round playoff 42-35 win over Nashville (N.C.) Nash Central. Daily Reflector Story
Football Commitments Weekly Stats
Inside Carolina Top Stories
UNC, App State Agree To Football SeriesThe two programs haven't met on the gridiron since 1940.
Inside Carolina12:04 PM
Photos: Johnson, Paige Jersey CeremonyCHAPEL HILL, N.C. --- North Carolina held a special celebration at halftime of Saturday's game to honor Brice Johnson and Marcus Paige.
Inside Carolina8:09 AM
Hollifield Loves UNC's Staff RenovationsThe four-star linebacker met with Mike Ekeler on Saturday.
Inside Carolina4:01 AM
Knox Completes UNC Official VisitTop 10 forward expected to decide in about a month.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 4:20 PM