- Although he was held to 45 yards rushing, Ryan Houston's screen pass catch in which he took 64 yards for a touchdown propeled Matthews (N.C.) Butler to a 20-7 playoff victory over Greensboro (N.C.) Grimsley. "I guess they've got a great coaching staff," Houston told the Greensboro News-Record, "because they saw what we'd done on film and took everything away from us the first half. We had to change our blocking schemes, and things opened up more in the second half." Charlotte Observer Story Greensboro News-Record Story
- Durham (N.C.) Hillside was eliminated from the playoffs by Fuquay-Varina (N.C.) with a 21-18 loss. Jonathan Smith picked off a pass and returned it 27 yards. Durham Herald Sun Story
- Emanuel Davis and Manteo (N.C.) record their ninth shutout -- 53-0 over Robersonville (N.C.) Roanoke... Fonterrian Ingram's Atlanta (Ga.) McNair defeated Carnesville (Ga.) Franklin County, 27-17... Dwight Jones and Burlington (N.C.) Cummings advance to the third round of the NCHSAA 2A Playoffs with 47-0 victory over Spencer (N.C.) North Rowan... Quan Sturdivant and Oakboro (N.C.) West Stanly lost to Marshville (N.C.) Forest Hills, 31-7.
- Upcoming Games: Lamar Milstead: Washington (D.C.) Ballou plays Washington (D.C.) Wilson, Saturday.
- Major Targets: Jason Barnes caught two touchdowns to help Charlotte (N.C.) Independence defeat Clemmons (N.C.) West Forsyth, 37-6 and advance to the 3rd round of the NCHSAA 4AA Playoffs. Charlotte Observer Story... Tydreke Powell and Ahoskie (N.C.) Hertford County lost to Rocky Mount (N.C.) Senior, 32-16... Weslye Saunders' Durham (N.C.) Riverside record their second straight upset when they beat Durham (N.C.) Jordan, 21-17 to advance to the third round of the NCHSAA 4AA State Playoffs.
Football Commitments Weekly Stats
Inside Carolina Top Stories
Bly Finds Passion in CoachingFormer UNC cornerback has gotten heavily involved in youth sports since retiring from the NFL.
Inside Carolina7:48 AM
Perspective in LossUNC won 10 straight after a late-season loss at Virginia last season.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 7:50 PM
UNC-UVa: Roy Williams PostgameUNC's head coach spoke to reporters following his team's 53-43 loss at Virginia on Monday.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 6:51 PM