- Matthews (N.C.) Butler held off a late rally by Charlotte (N.C.) Providence to come out with a 34-26 victory and a berth in the semi-finals of the NCHSAA 4AA Playoffs. Ryan Houston rushed 28 times for 107 yards and two touchdowns (one and two yards). He also ran in a two-point conversion. Charlotte Observer Story
- In Burlington (N.C.) Cummings' 51-14 blowout of Black Mountain (N.C.) Owen, Dwight Jones caught four passes for 96 yards and a 77-yard touchdown. He also accumulated five tackles (three solo) on defense.
- Lamar Milstead's Washington (D.C.) Ballou defeated Washington (D.C.) Dunbar, 34-33, to win the Turkey Bowl. Washington Post Story
- Emanuel Davis and Manteo (N.C.) defeat Camden (N.C.). 35-7 to advance to the semi-finals of the NCHSAA 1A Playoffs... Fonterrian Ingram's Atlanta (Ga.) McNair lost in the second round of the playoffs to Gainesville (Ga.) North Hall, 43-26.
- Major Targets: Jason Barnes caught a 25-yard touchdown to help Charlotte (N.C.) Independence defeat Mocksville (N.C.) Davie County, 40-19 and advance to the semi-finals of the NCHSAA 4AA Playoffs. Barnes ended the night with eight catches for 189 yards. Charlotte Observer Story... Weslye Saunders scored the last three touchdowns to help Durham (N.C.) Riverside defeat Raleigh (N.C.) Leesville Road, 27-20 to advance to the semi-finals of the NCHSAA 4AA State Playoffs. Saunders rushed six times for 88 yards and three touchdowns (1, 71, and 3 yards) and caught three passes for 40 yards. Durham Herald Sun Story
Football Commitments Weekly Stats
Inside Carolina Top Stories
Roy Williams: 'I Love Winning'Tar Heel coach was a guest on The Sidelines Podcast on Thursday.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 2:11 PM
NCAA's History of Protocol BreachThe NCAA's overreach in the UNC case follows a pattern from several high-profile cases in recent years.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 9:20 AM
Adams Rejoins Fedora's Coaching StaffAdams previously coached for four seasons under Larry Fedora.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 9:15 AM
Scoop: Countdown to Signing DayMonday’s verbal commitments from Beau Corrales and Jordan Tucker completed North Carolina’s objectives at wide receiver and offensive line, respectively. What's UNC’s focus with…
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 6:23 AM