* Other Tar Heels in action were Sam Perkins, Donald Williams, Rick Fox, Brian Reese, Brendan Haywood, Shammond Williams and Pam Leake (former two-time ACC Player of the Year for the Lady Tar Heels in the mid-80s).
* There were also many other alums in attendance. Phil Ford and Jimmy Black were the coaches for the White team (which was solely Carolina grads). Also spotted were Al Wood, Warren Martin, Dudley Bradley, King Rice and Eric Montross. Word was that Dean Smith and Bill Guthridge were quietly, if not secretly, present. Julius Peppers was a big hit among all the autograph-seeking fans and Jason Capel had a seat at the scorers table. Some current Heels were also there, including Jawad Williams, Jackie Manuel, Melvin Scott and Rashad McCants. And, in the stands, Matt Doherty and the rest of the UNC coaching staff sat with their families.
* The Black team had a collection of various ACC grads. Some of note included Rodney Rogers, Corey Maggette, Vinny Del Negro, Delaney Rudd, Darrell Armstrong and Chucky Brown, among others.
* As for the game itself, it was more of a highlight reel than an actual game -- as expected -- but the fourth quarter come-from-behind run by the UNC team provided some quality action. But, back to the highlights. Vince Carter provided a share of exciting dunks ... one-handed 360 ... a high-flying tomahawk ... a two-handed alley-oop to himself off the backboard ... you get the idea. While Carter got the fans out of their seats on numerous occasions, it was a one-handed alley-oop finish by Stackhouse that brought the house down. The feat was so impressive that some of the players wanted to end the game on that note.
* The following game stats, compiled by IC's J.B. Cissell, are unofficial - though there was no official statkeeper. Antawn Jamison was the high-scorer for the White team.
* Jeff McInnis 10p, 7a, 4r
* Jerry Stackhouse 17 pts, 5 ast
* Vince Carter 21 pts, 4 ast
* Antawn Jamison 32 pts, 14 reb, 2 ast
* Rasheed Wallace 22 pts, 5 reb
Donald Williams 15 pts, 2 ast, 2 reb
Sam Perkins 10 pts, 2 ast
Rick Fox - 15 pts, 5 reb
Brian Reese - 9 pts, 7 reb
Pam Leake - 4 pts
Brendan Haywood - 12 pts, 6 reb
Shammond Williams - 12 pts