- Dan Orner tied an NCAA record with three field goals of 50 yards or more (52, 51, 55)…He is the fourth kicker in Division 1-A to kick three field goals of 50 yards or more…Other that did were Jerry DePoyster, Wyoming v. Utah, Oct. 8, 1966 (54, 54, 52); Sergio Lopez-Chavero, Wichita State vs. Drake, Oct. 27, 1984 (54, 54, 51); Tim Douglas, Iowa vs. Illinois, Sept. 26, 1998 (51, 58, 51).
- Orner's 55-yard field goal in the third quarter now stands as the longest field goal in UNC history.
- Defonte Coleman had his second career interception in the first quarter…it was UNC's first interception of the season.
- Zach Hilton posted a career-high 54 receiving yards vs. Syracuse…his previous career-high was 30 yards.
- Jawarski Pollock scored his first career touchdown in the fourth quarter…his 48-yard catch is his longest reception.
- Darian Durant recorded his first victory in a game in which he started.
UNC-Syracuse: Postgame Notes
Inside Carolina Top Stories
UNC-DC: Roy Williams PostgameUNC's head coach spoke to reporters following Wednesday's 83-74 win over Davidson.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 9:14 PM
Podcast: UNC-Davidson Instant AnalysisDewey Burke and host Tommy Ashley break down North Carolina's 83-74 win over Davidson.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 8:28 PM
First Report: Jackson Lifts UNC Past DavidsonThe junior wing set a career high with seven 3-pointers.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 8:04 PM
Give The Gift of Inside CarolinaNeed a gift idea for the holidays? How about a subscription to the No. 1 site for diehard Tar Heel fans!
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 1:10 PM