- Dwayne Allen's Fayetteville (N.C.) Sanford defeated Fayetteville (N.C.) Westover, 10-9, on a last minute 42-yard field goal by senior Taylor Baskett. Fayetteville Observer Story
- Nick Becton and Wilmington (N.C.) New Hanover lost their season opener to Raleigh (N.C.) Southeast, 14-7. Raleigh News & Observer Story Wilmington Star-News Story
- A.J. Blue's three touchdowns (50-yard and 34-yard runs, and a 17-yard pass) played a major role in Dallas (N.C.) North Gaston's 42-7 romp of Taylorsville (N.C.) Alexander Central. With a 35-0 lead at halftime, Blue was pulled during the third quarter after one offensive series. Still, Blue rushed for 127 yards on just five carries, and completed four-of-nine passes for 52 yards. Gaston Gazette Story
- Garner (N.C.), which was led defensively by Reggie Bowens and Tony Morgan, won its season opener, 28-6, over Raleigh (N.C.) Millbrook. Raleigh News & Observer Story
- RJ Mattes accumulated three pancake blocks and allowed one sack in Concord (N.C.) Robinson's 28-21 loss to Concord (N.C.) Northwest Cabarrus. He also made four tackles on defense.
Football Targets Weekly Stats
Inside Carolina Top Stories
Fedora's Decision Behind DeferringUNC has deferred after winning the coin toss in 27 straight games.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 12:20 PM
Hoops Insider: Tony BradleyInside Carolina compiled insider perspectives to create an exclusive player-by-player preview of North Carolina's 2016-17 season.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 7:13 AM
Recruiting Storylines: UNC vs. FSURevisiting the North Carolina-Florida State recruiting stories that will play a role in Saturday's matchup.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 5:42 AM
Podcast: Jason & Buck Talk UNC-FSUJason Staples and Buck Sanders join host Tommy Ashley to discuss Carolina's plan of attack against Florida State and Staples provides his unique take on this FSU team.
Inside CarolinaYesterday at 5:39 AM