- Dwayne Allen's Fayetteville (N.C.) Sanford defeated Fayetteville (N.C.) Westover, 10-9, on a last minute 42-yard field goal by senior Taylor Baskett. Fayetteville Observer Story
- Nick Becton and Wilmington (N.C.) New Hanover lost their season opener to Raleigh (N.C.) Southeast, 14-7. Raleigh News & Observer Story Wilmington Star-News Story
- A.J. Blue's three touchdowns (50-yard and 34-yard runs, and a 17-yard pass) played a major role in Dallas (N.C.) North Gaston's 42-7 romp of Taylorsville (N.C.) Alexander Central. With a 35-0 lead at halftime, Blue was pulled during the third quarter after one offensive series. Still, Blue rushed for 127 yards on just five carries, and completed four-of-nine passes for 52 yards. Gaston Gazette Story
- Garner (N.C.), which was led defensively by Reggie Bowens and Tony Morgan, won its season opener, 28-6, over Raleigh (N.C.) Millbrook. Raleigh News & Observer Story
- RJ Mattes accumulated three pancake blocks and allowed one sack in Concord (N.C.) Robinson's 28-21 loss to Concord (N.C.) Northwest Cabarrus. He also made four tackles on defense.
Football Targets Weekly Stats
Inside Carolina Top Stories
This Week with Mike FoxThe Diamond Heels return home from a runner-up finish at the ACC Tournament to prepare for the 2017 Chapel Hill Regional. Inside Carolina caught up with Mike Fox after the team's…
Inside Carolina11:49 AM
ICTV: Miller on UNC's ResurgenceThe Tar Heels have won 16 of their last 19 games entering the NCAA Tournament.
Inside Carolina11:33 AM
UNC Earns No. 2 Overall SeedUNC opens regional play against Davidson at 6 p.m. on Friday.
Inside Carolina11:17 AM
UNC Leaning on PrecedentThe school highlights inconsistencies in the NCAA's approach to similar cases and courses at various other schools.
Inside CarolinaFriday at 10:46 AM
The Weekly ScoopInside Carolina's subscriber feature provides the latest inside intel.
Inside CarolinaThursday at 7:09 AM