- Dwayne Allen's Fayetteville (N.C.) Sanford defeated Fayetteville (N.C.) Westover, 10-9, on a last minute 42-yard field goal by senior Taylor Baskett. Fayetteville Observer Story
- Nick Becton and Wilmington (N.C.) New Hanover lost their season opener to Raleigh (N.C.) Southeast, 14-7. Raleigh News & Observer Story Wilmington Star-News Story
- A.J. Blue's three touchdowns (50-yard and 34-yard runs, and a 17-yard pass) played a major role in Dallas (N.C.) North Gaston's 42-7 romp of Taylorsville (N.C.) Alexander Central. With a 35-0 lead at halftime, Blue was pulled during the third quarter after one offensive series. Still, Blue rushed for 127 yards on just five carries, and completed four-of-nine passes for 52 yards. Gaston Gazette Story
- Garner (N.C.), which was led defensively by Reggie Bowens and Tony Morgan, won its season opener, 28-6, over Raleigh (N.C.) Millbrook. Raleigh News & Observer Story
- RJ Mattes accumulated three pancake blocks and allowed one sack in Concord (N.C.) Robinson's 28-21 loss to Concord (N.C.) Northwest Cabarrus. He also made four tackles on defense.
Football Targets Weekly Stats
Inside Carolina Top Stories
ICTV: Final Four Send OffFootage of fans cheering on the UNC team as it boarded the bus to head to the Final Four on Tuesday.
Inside CarolinaTuesday at 5:09 PM
ICTV: Maye Surviving MadnessLuke Maye talks about the days following his Elite Eight buzzer beater.
Inside CarolinaTuesday at 5:04 PM
Roy Williams PC (Berry Update)UNC's head coach spoke to reporters on Tuesday before the team left for the Final Four in Phoenix.
Inside CarolinaTuesday at 3:30 PM
Williams Driven by CriticismThe Tar Heel head coach remains keenly aware of those who doubt him.
Inside CarolinaTuesday at 1:45 PM