Hoke County athlete C.J. Gaddis (6-0, 196) verbally committed to the Clemson Tigers, but it appears that the Tar Heels are making some progress, if only marginally.
One of the primary reasons the Heels' chances seem to have increased, from almost zero, is that there is a relentless recruiter on his trail. No, not Hal Hunter, who is also pursuing Gaddis hard, but Mike Mason. The speedy wide receiver from
Gaddis told IC, "I met Mike at the
Gaddis says he is 90% certain that he will still attend Clemson, and puts the Tar Heel's chances at about 10%, but also says, "They are gaining ground some. About a month or so I would have said Clemson was a 99% probability. I told Coach Hunter that if I didn't go to Clemson then I would definitely go to UNC."
What has Hunter told Gaddis about how he might fit in at UNC? "He compares me to a player from
Gaddis is officially visiting
Gaddis is unofficially visiting
Though Gaddis qualifies as a "longshot" to join the Tar Heels recruiting class in February, this one could go down to the wire.