I was thinking how the amazing transformation of this year's team is giving us a realistic and exciting view of how next year can be. Granted, one of the reasons we're surprising this year is team chemistry and we do lose Hearn, Marco and Swop. But everyone else comes back and they're seeing what can happen when one plays D, among other things.
Next year we'll have:
1. Crawford back and the emergence of Demps a year after similar surgery suggests that Drew may really tear up the league.
2. Cobb back, and hopefully he'll be healthy and focused and finally show what he's capable of.
3. Olah with a year under his belt, with continued improvement.
4. Turner with two years in the system to develop, a year of competition, and continued improvement.
5. Sobo a junior
6. Demps with a year of competition under his belt, including starting the last half of the season.
7. Abrahamson, who'll hopefully settle down and play to the level he's capable of.
8. Ajou, a bit stronger and with a year under his belt, starting to understand the game and become a blocker and rebounder.
9. Lumpkin, recovered from his injuries/illnesses, and showing us why Carmody was so excited about him (imagine him at the top of our 1-3-1!) - at guard or forward.
10. Cerina back, recovered from injury, and able to pound the boards.
10. Lieberman back, recovered from his injury, and with a year of learning the system under his belt (thus the 5th major rebounder for us, which should be HUGE in reducing the rebounding deficits we've had).
11. Sina join us - adding much potential when thrown in with Sobo and Demps.
12. Taphorn - will be interesting to see how he fits in vis a vis Abrahamson and Lumpkin in backing up Cobb and Crawford at the 3 and 4.
Wow. Is there anyone who isn't drooling?