• Fitzgerald also said the team looked better than my Cubs polo which I wore today. New place kicker Jeff Budzien later chimed in and agreed I need to get a new team. I wish I could.
Persa said not being involved with game preparations is not a problem because he has been studying Boston College game film for months.
• After practice, Persa said Colter was likely taking most of the reps to get ready in case he is needed this Saturday.
• Persa said that he feels "close to a 10" health-wise. He added, "I've got to keep working and get stronger every day. Every day is a new step for me."
• Persa did say that he likely won't have any input on his status for Saturday.
• On the other end of those kicks, Venric Mark looks better than ever. He is the perfect fit on kick return. He ran back a kick in practice today. His speed and agility is incredible to watch. He is a great weapon on special teams.
• Brian Peters and David Arnold were each bringing their best hits. Peters got a nice shot in on Pierre Youngblood-Ary while Arnold got a hit in on Cermak Bland. Both hard-hitting safeties are in mid-season form.
• Kain Colter showed off his impressive arm with a touchdown pass to Jack Konopka. The superback has really grown nicely into his new role. He may see some playing time on Saturday.
• Jordan Mabin continues to improve and Pat Fitzgerald has been very pleased. Mabin had a few more interceptions in ones-against-ones today. Fitzgerald said he is most happy with how Mabin is making interceptions out of what used to be pass break-ups.
• The Wildcats continues preparations for their first game with a late morning session on Wednesday. PW will have coverage of that practice.
One more thing to note. Post-practice video with Dan Persa will be posted later. There is a bit of that which needs editing. That will be posted at a later time.