Here's his early August update
- Mark Loretta has sparkled with the bat for the San Diego Padres with an average of around .315.
- Brian Baron is hitting in the .259 range for New Britain in the Eastern league. He hasn't shown much in the way of power or speed but does not strike out much.
- Joe Hietpas seems to have become the personal catcher for Scott Kazmir, a highly-touted lefthander in the Mets organization. Joe is hitting about .250 but appears to be working on his base-stealing - 3 to date.
- Gabe Ribas, after a rough start [welcome to pro baseball rookie] at Lake Elsinore in the Padres system (lost his first two decisions but won his next two with very good outings. He is in the California League.
- Dave Gresky with the Boise Hawks of the Cubs farm system has seen his average drop to below .220. In the Cape Cod Collegiate League
- James Happ piched a shutout for the Harwich Mariners allowing 2 hits in 5 innings to win 1 - 0. Unfortunately the Mariners didn't make the playoffs so that was the final game of the season for them.
directly to Coach Roy
|Go Cats Beat 'em All|
about it on
the Purple Boards
|All Items Copyright 2003 by PurpleWildcats/Purple Reign|