Two big Linemen and a Running Back make our Northwestern - Illinois prospect list.
18. Jim Jadron - Joliet (Catholic) OL 6-5, 280, 5.0On Defense:
21. Akeem Hunter - Chicago (Leo) RB 6-0, 210, 4.4
Three year starter at tailback for Leo. Has an offer from Navy - also interested in IL, IA, MSU
23. Alex Rucks - Lincolnshire (Stevenson) OL 6-5, 285, 5.3
Another 3 year starter - at 285 has size. NU has offered and listed NU as #1 last August. - also offered by Central Mich, some interest in WI,MSU,BC
It seems that more defenders are showing interest in Northwestern - could be who is recruiting the area for the Wildcats?
4. Nate Lyles - Chicago (Hubbard) – DB 6-0, 185, 4.5There you have it - Chris' top 25 with Northwestern Interest.
8. Sam Carson - Downers Grove (South) LB 6-2, 230 4.8
He looks like a linebacker - might be a hair slow? visiting Illinois in December - has offers from NU, IL, IN, Louisville and NIU.
13. Tim Johnson - Flossmoor (Homewood-Flossmoor) DL 6-5, 240, 4.8
Projected as a DE, and at 6-5 maybe a DT. No offers yet, but this former basketball player lists NU as one of his favorites. Is hearing from IL, MI, OSU, and KY
22. Marques Walton - Chicago (Hubbard) DL 6-2, 280, 4.9
One of the top ranked Hubbard kids - already has size and speed to play DT in Div I - Benches 365, squats 535. Coming off surgery last season.
Father a former pro basketball player - has NU offer, along with Illinois and Oregon. Some interest in ND, IA, IL, Michigan, OK
24. Ryan Tuggle - Bartlett TE/DE 6-5, 260, 4.9
Interested in IL, IA, WI, NIL, NM
You can see that the local focus seems to remain on the defensive side of the ball, as NU keeps working to add to as well as upgrade the players on defense.
You also can see a trend developing in the offers over on offense, NU appears to be working on the top running backs and O-Linemen in the Chicago area.
Now the question remains - How many of these guys will the 'Cats sign?
|Go Cats Beat 'em All|
|Talk about it on
the Purple Boards
|All Items Copyright 2003 by holders|