Michigan coach Tommy Amaker is worried about the youth on his team...He starts one Senior, a Frosh and 3 Sophomores.Putting them in the Purple Reign categories:
Forget the fact that their 9-2 overall and 7-1 on their home court - They did beat N.C. State 68-61 at home, and UCLA [70-66]. Add Bowling Green [74-57] to that list too.
The star of the team right now is Guard Bernard Robinson the only Senior. But the Wolves spread the wealth, seven different players have started for Amaker this year, and 3 starters are averaging double figures for the season so far. A fourth, sub Dion Harris averages 9.7 ppg off the bench.
Big Gun - 21 Bernard Robinson with 13.7 ppg average
- Deadeye Dick - #44 Courtney Sims averages 59% shooting
- The Bomber - # 4 Daniel Horton has taken the most 3 point shots [23-69/33%], but #5 Dion Harris has a better average [19-52/36.5%].
- Off the Boards - Robinson leads the team with 5.8 rebounds per game. #32 J.C. Mathis comes off the bench with 5.7 per game
- Charity Stripe - Don't foul Daniel Horton - he's 26 of 32 [81% from the stripe]
- Pickpocket - Robinson leads in Steals.
- Super Sub - Dion Harris has 28 minutes a game off the bench - he's averaging 9.7 ppg.
Helping Hands - The Assist leader is Robinson, but two other players average 2+ assists a game.
- Forward: 44 Courtney Sims [Fr 6-11]
- Center: 25 Graham Brown [So 6-9]
- Guard: 21 Bernard Robinson Jr. [Sr. 6-6] 2 Lester Abram [So. 6-6] 4 Daniel Horton [So. 6-3]
- Forwards: #31 Chris Hunter [So 6-11], #32 J.C. Mathis [Jr 6-8], # 23 Brent Peway [Fr 6-9]
Center: #50 Amadou Ba [Fr 6-10]
- Guards: #5 Dion Harris [Fr 6-4]
- Keep Michigan's balanced attack from scoring more than 60.
- We need more scoring from the middle - maybe a little easier since DavorDuvancic and Vince Scott are taller than Michigan's Center.
- Watch the 3 pointers - the team averages better than 30% from the arc and 3 Wolverines average better than 33%.
- .Jitim Young has to outscore Robinson, Vukusic has to out play Sims.
Beat 'em All!
|Talk about it on the Purple Boards