But the Hoosiers Coach, Mike Davis points out that his team is still dangerous...
We had a tough week -- we lost four games by a total of ine points, every game we played came down to the last possession..And Davis respects the Wildcats - he pointed out that NU has a good home game conference record, [The Cats have only lost two conference home game this year.] but he also pointed out that the league is more balanced this year,
Its unbelievable how close we are to being in first place.
There's no fear of going to anyone's arena ... there's no fear factor any more.,The one dark spot on the Indy horizon comes from Soph Guard Bracey Wright, [IU Photo right] who shot a dismal 1 for 12 [1 for 6 from 3] in the last game -- he claimed to be slightly intimidated by the Hoosiers home court, Assembly Hall...Davis' answer?
You could see that he was hesitant on a couple of shots and on the road he's really agressive ... I feel bad for Bracy right now ... he's never experienced that ... he just needs some love.Wright isn't doing all that bad, he scored 14 against Minnesota, and 16 against Purdue.
then you add Monday's surgery to starting F Sean Kline [left - 7.1 ppg and 4 boards], and Indiana loses their most accurate shooter. Kline's injury leaves only one sub with extensive Big 10 time this year - Frosh Forward Pat Ewing, Jr. [right] The other eligible forward, Jason Stewart [Sr 6-8] has a total of 5 minutes of playing time this year.
So the Hoosiers limp into Welsh-Ryan wounded, but maybe just ready to break their losing streak, and get a win on the road. Forget that they're being out rebounded by their opponents [35.2 to 37.8], and out scored [65.3 to 68]. They only average 12 turnovers a game and they make close to 75% of their free throws.
Last time we played the forwards, A.J. Moye scored 8 points with 10 boards. Reserve Forward Pat Ewing scored 4 points in his 11 minutes.
The nervous on his home court Bracey Wright hit 16 points [4-10 3-8 from the arc] and pulled down 9 rebounds. The Cats also can't ignore 6-11 Center George Leach, who had 26 against Minnesota and 11 against OSU.
The game will be on TV & Radio:
So its really on the line for Indiana - they certainly don't want to lose their 5th in a row.
Putting them in the Purple Reign categories:
- The Big Gun #4 Bracey Wright averages 19.4 ppg
- Deadeye Dick - #23 Sean Kline with 50% shooting [but he's done for the season so...] sub Pat Ewing Jr. leads with 49% FG average.
- The Bomber #4 Bracey Wright - leads the team with 169 attempts from the arc
- Off the Boards #2 A.J. Moye with 140 - a 5.8 average
- Charity Stripe #4 Bracey Wright .807 shooting average from the line.
- Pickpocket - #22 Marshall Strickland 29 Steals
- Super Sub - #23 Donald Perry - started 12 games, and averages 23 minutes, and has 56 assists, but only 3.5 ppg
- Helping Hands - #22 Marchall Strickland - 66 assists
Off the Bench [Averaging more than 9-10 mins]:
- Forward: #2 A.J. Moye [Sr 6-3]
- Center: #5 George Leach [Sr 6-11]
- Guard: #22 Marshall Strickland [So 6-2], #4 Bracey Wright [So 6-3], #10 Roderick Wilmont [Fr 6-4]
Challenges for the Wildcats
- Forward: #3 Pat Ewing Jr [Fr 6-8]
- Guard : #12 Donald Perry [Jr 6-2] - #34 Ryan Tapak [Jr 6-2]
- Don't let Indiana get back into their groove.
- Keep Bracey Wright off balance
- Watch out for George Leach - if he gets hot shooting and rebounding he could be tough to handle
- Defend the Home Court and win 2 in a row at home against Indy
- ESPN + Local with Jon Rooney and Shon Morris
- WGN Radio and the Web with Dave Eanet
- And WGN on the Internet
Pictures and Statistics from Indiana official site
You can send your comments or "back door" information
to Coach Roy
Beat 'em All!
Talk about it on the Purple Boards
Copyright 2004 by PurpleWildcats.com/Purple Reign