Notre Dame Starters and Key Contributors
- Forward: 6'8" 235-pound senior Tim Abromaitis: Hit 18 of 33 shots in three-game road trip including 7 of 15 from beyond the arc after previously connecting on 12 of 30 (overall) and 3 of 10 from downtown in three prior road tilts…Shooting 50 percent (16 of 32) from long range at home in Big East play – Abro connected on an astounding 31 of 50 deep attempts in nine conference home games last season…Irish are 18-3 over the last two seasons when the senior scores 18 or more points in a contest…Ranks second on the squad in scoring (14.6), three-point percentage (40.2%), rebounding (6.2), and minutes per game (33.7).
- Forward: 6'8" 232-pound senior Tyrone Nash: Has hit for double figures in each game of the three-game road trip while connecting on 13 of his 19 field goal attempts…Scored 13 points with 8 boards and a game-high 7 assists (with just one turnover) Wednesday vs. Providence, the most complete Big East game of his Irish career – four of Nash's assists resulted in layups; three others reached teammates for three-point buckets…Irish are 7-1 in Big East action when Nash reaches double figures this season (West Virginia marks the only defeat)…His 39 minutes of court time vs. Providence marked a career-high…Ranks third on the team in assists and rebounds and second in field goal percentage among seven qualifying players.
- Guard/Forward: 6'8" 219-pound senior Scott Martin: An up-and-down season continues for the promising Martin, who finished the recently completed three-game road set with 29 points and 18 boards, but seven turnovers vs. just three assists…Martin excelled vs. South Florida (10 points, 7 boards, 3 blocks), struggled mightily at West Virginia (4-11 shooting including 1-6 from long range), and looked out of sorts at Providence (3 turnovers including 2 late)…Seemed to hit his stride during the team's seven-game winning streak but is likely a season away from his best ball at the University – understandable after two seasons away from the game, the latter the result of a torn ACL last October…Irish are 13-0 when Martin shoots better than or near 50 percent from the floor and 12-1 when he posts at least three assists.
- Guard: 6'3" 203-pound senior Ben Hansbrough: Rebounded from tough game in Morgantown with career-best 32-point performance at Providence, missing only three of his 13 field goal attempts…Has connected on 11 of his last 24 shots from long range and boasts a 2-1 assist-to-turnover ration (16-8) in that same span…A lock for 1st Team All Big East honors and dark horse candidate as the league's Player of the Year…Irish are 10-1 this season when he hits for 20 or more points (Kentucky the only blemish)…Has averaged 20.7 ppg in seven conference home games this season while connecting on 51 of his 57 free throws in those outings.
- Forward: 6'8" 218-pound senior Carleton Scott: Has averaged more than 9 boards per game since returning to the starting lineup vs. Marquette (8-game span)…Streaky outside shooter has been 0-6, 3-10, and recently at Providence, 2-10 from the field but has also had games in which he's connected on 6-9, 8-8, 4-5, 4-6, etc…Has recently endured injuries to his calf and elbow, and Wednesday in Rhode Island, an ankle injury that puts his status for tonight in question…14 blocked shots in his last six games including a key rejection as a help defender vs. red-hot Marshon Lynch in the latter stages of Notre Dame's 94-93 win over the Friars…Scott has buried 47 of 53 free throws this season including 21 of 23 in Big East play.
- Guard: 6'2" 173-pound freshman Eric Atkins: Boasts the best assist-to-turnover ratio in the Big East (3.1)…Has produced 26 assists vs. just four turnovers over the last seven contests dating back to an upset win at Pittsburgh…Did not convert on six field goal attempts during team's three-game road trip but did hit 3 of 4 free throws down the stretch, including a decisive pair, to salt away a one-point win at Providence…Has attempted just two three-point shots in his last five outings after hitting four of five in his previous four contests…Irish are 5-1 in Big East action when Atkins records at least five assists and 4-1 this season when he scores in double figures vs. major conference foes.
- Center/Forward: 6'9" 248-pound sophomore Jack Cooley: – Opened three-game trip with a career-best 18-point outburst (hitting 9 of 10 shots) at South Florida…Grabbed eight boards vs. the Bulls, six on the offensive glass, and at one point had scored 22 of his 30 points over a three-game set (Rutgers, Louisville, South Florida) due to offensive rebounds and put-backs…Played just 17 combined minutes at West Virginia and Providence after logging 13 and 16 vs. Louisville and South Florida, respectively…Irish are 12-3 when Cooley earns at least 10 minutes including a 6-3 mark vs. major conference foes…Team is 8-0 when Cooley grabs multiple offensive rebounds…Has converted 24 of 37 field goal attempts in Big East action.