Inside is a breakdown of Notre Dame's top targets at quarterback, running back and wide receiver.
4-star Blake Barnett
With Barnett on board and solid to the Irish, Notre Dame
has scored big talent with unlimited upside. Barnett will be the only quarterback Notre Dame will take in this class.
Running back (2)
4-star Josh Adams
- He has tentative plans to visit Notre Dame sometime this month. Adams is rather quiet about the recruiting process, but Notre Dame will get serious consideration. Penn State and Stanford are also on the radar.
4-star Malik Lovette
- Though it will be a task to sway him from the west coast, Notre Dame would be the school to do it. Lovette mentions Cal, Notre Dame, UCLA USC, and Washington as the primary players in his recruitment right now.
4-star Bolu Olorunfunmi
- A UCLA commit that could open things up in the future and would likely give the Irish some thought.
4-star Dexter Williams
- From Florida, Williams has been inconsistent about naming lead groups (at some points including the Irish), and Notre Dame should get a visit if they push for one.
Notable offers: Nicholas Brossette
(LSU), Ronald Jones (Oklahoma State), Sotonye Jamabo
, Jacques Patrick
, Damien Harris
, Ray McCloud
, Eric Swinney
, Jordan Cronkrite
, T.J. Simmons
, A HREF=[PlayerNode=6333241]>Tim Irvin
Two running backs with different unique styles in this class would be ideal. I don't see anyone holding an Irish offer at this point that is close to committing.
Wide receiver (3)
Commit: Jalen Guyton
4-star Miles Boykin
- Boykin would be the ideal hybrid wide receiver that Notre Dame would like to take in this class. He's from nearby Illinois, is very familiar with Notre Dame, and obviously has the size and skills to excel at the position. Boykin could pop for Notre Dame as early as this spring or choose to ride it out longer as he continues to reel in offers.
4-star Cordell Broadus
- Broadus already knows four of his officials - Florida State, LSU, Miami and Notre Dame, He'll be a hard pull from USC/UCLA, but his interest in Notre Dame is legit.
3-star K.J. Hill
- Hill was planning on visiting this weekend, but was forced to cancel due to transportation issues. He still plans on visiting this spring. Notre Dame is running behind Arkansas and Oklahoma State at this point.
3-star John Humphrey
- Humphrey was offered as an athlete and could project as a defensive back at Notre Dame. A Texas A&M legacy, Humphrey and Newsome (see below) are likely the top two Texas inhabitants that could choose Notre Dame.
4-star Ryan Newsome
- Newsome is visiting Notre Dame with wide receiver commit Jalen Guyton this weekend. He was very receptive of the Irish when Notre Dame offered this spring, so he's surely worth keeping tabs on.
4-star Alex Ofodile
- Ofodile is visiting this weekend for the spring game. He's a Missouri legacy, a situation that's going to be tough to beat, but we'll know more after his visit this weekend.
4-star Equanimeous St. Brown
- He has a top three of Notre Dame, Stanford and USC. If he doesn't visit this summer, expect him to take an official.
Notable offers: George Campbell
, Christian Kirk
, Michael Chigbu
, Carlos Strickland
Guyton was a great prospect to get on board this spring. He's a smooth, sure-fire deep threat with nice size that comes from one of the winningest programs in the nation.
Notre Dame is sitting in great position with a number of talented wide receiver prospects. I don't believe it will have much trouble filling two more spots in this class.