Inside is a breakdown of Notre Dame targets in 2015 at cornerback and safety.
Three-star Prentice McKinney
, three-star Nicco Fertitta
aimed to take two safeties in this class, and it has already hit its target number. James "P.J." Locke of Beaumont (Texas) High was very receptive of the Irish when Notre Dame offered in mid-February, and it's possible he will still visit. Locke could project as a cornerback at the next level, though the Irish liked him at safety.
Three-star Josh Butler
- Butler stays in regular contact with the Irish and Kerry Cooks. The Irish are in great position to receive an official in the fall, but it's unlikely he'll be able to make a visit before then.
Four-star Shaun Crawford
- A Michigan commit, Crawford is still dabbling in the possibility of taking other visits, including to Notre Dame. The staff is high on Crawford and would love to get him on campus.
Four-star Minkah Fitzpatrick
- Fitzpatrick is planning an early decision, which doesn't necessarily bode well for the Irish, as he's focusing primarily on Alabama, Miami, Ohio State, South Carolina and West Virginia. However, he's been enthusiastic about potentially taking a Notre Dame visit in the past, so it's not out of the question.
Four-star Dechaun Holiday
- Holiday released a list of top schools in March that included Florida State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, UCLA and USC. He doesn't plan on announcing until next year, so still a ways to go here.
Three-star Jaylon Lane
- Lane will visit Notre Dame
Four-star Isaiah Langley
- Langley plans to narrow his long list to 10 in June, and Notre Dame will likely be included.
Four-star Tavarus McFadden
- From American Heritage in Plantation, Florida, McFadden is higher on a couple schools in the Sunshine State, like Florida State, than he is on Notre Dame, but the Irish could be in line for a visit this summer or fall. McFadden is the type of athlete that could excel anywhere on the field.
Four-star John Reid
- Reid is fresh off of a spring visit to Notre Dame and likely holds the Irish as his leader.
Notable offers: Terry Godwin
(Georgia,) Ykili Ross
, Iman Marshall
, Kendall Sheffield
, Holton Hill
, Jordan Whitehead
, Cameron Ordway
, P.J. Mbanasor
, Marcus Lewis
, Xavier Lewis
Notre Dame is sitting well with a number of quality cornerback prospects. Reid, Butler, and Crawford all have the Irish near or at the very top of their lists. Justin Tranquill
, Drue Tranquill
's younger brother, could pick up an offer in the future. If so, he would likely become a member of the 2015 class. Also, do not discount highly ranked prospects Sheffield and Marshall from taking an Irish visit down the line.