We caught up with quarterback Jason Forcier as he was out working for his Dad's business. "I haven't heard from Notre Dame," said Forcier. "I sent them an e-mail earlier today and I haven't been home to see if they've responded or not."
Forcier says he's waiting to hear from a number of schools. "I guess Rob (Schoenhoft) needs to make a decision before I know where I stand with a number of schools. Rob and I have been friends since freshman year when we both attended Michigan camp together. We know each other well."
Irish Eyes spoke with Schoenhoft earlier in the evening and it appears he's likely headed to Michigan. Schoenhoft's decision could open up a scholarship offer for Forcier or maybe Marshall, Michigan quarterback, Evan Sharpley.
Forcier says he's not concerned that he might end up being second choice at Notre Dame or anywhere. "It would be an honor to play for Notre Dame. It would be a huge honor. I'm looking at it as an honor if I get offered. I don't care about that. The way I look at it, everyone is telling me they are waiting on Rob. I'm everyone's second choice. I'm confident in myself. Nobody will outwork me and nobody has more heart than I do. I'm the darkhorse favorite and I'm a winner and that's all that matters."
Comments: It's clear Forcier would be thrilled with an Irish offer and would likely accept. We'll have to wait and see which quarterback will be next for an Irish offer. We do expect the next player to get offered will accept.