Tyler Compton had his choices narrowed down to two. That was until Notre Dame called.
"Yes, I talked to coach Durkin today," said Compton. "He and talked and he asked me to wait to make my decision until after the could come down and talk to me. He said they'd be offering new people in January and they wanted me to wait to make my decision."
Compton had been down to Georgia Tech and Northwestern as his final two.
"I planned to commit to one of them very soon," said Compton. "Like in the next couple of days. I'm not sure I can wait on that."
We asked Compton if he was going to wait at this point.
"I don't know," he said. "I need to make sure I get my spot. I don't know how much longer I can wait."
We asked if it was likely he'd have an in-home visit with Notre Dame before deciding.
"I don't know," Compton said. "I wish I could wait for them to offer, but I don't think I can wait that long."
Comments: Compton could be a new name on the radar for the Irish. However, he said he's pretty close to choosing school at this point. Something would likely have to change quickly to stop Compton from making his decision soon.