Fisher Looking to Impress Irish and Hawkeyes

The May evaluation period is over and the football camp season has begun. Bolingbrook high school (Ill.) wide receiver Carl Fisher is going to attend the Notre Dame and the Iowa football camps the next several weekends with the hopes of securing a scholarship offer from each school.

Carl Fisher (6-1, 198 pounds) has acted in several high school plays, but now he's going to take his act on the road.

"Yeah, I'm going Saturday the 25th(June)," he responded when asked if he planned to attend Notre Dame's summer football camp.

"Coach Weis and coach Ianello came by in May," Fisher continued. "Basically they are waiting for me to come down there next weekend before they offer. They said after I walk out of there (camp) I should know whether I have an offer or not. I think it depends on me and how well I do. I'm in pretty good shape though."

Carl currently has offers from Utah, Iowa State, Kansas, Northwestern, Wisconsin and Toledo. Although Carl would welcome an offer from Notre Dame, the Irish would still have plenty of work to do if they want to improve their chances of getting Fisher to sign come February.

"My leader right now is Iowa. Michigan would be No. 2" explained Fisher. "Then Northwestern, Notre Dame and Toledo."

won't know if Iowa is going to offer until this weekend. I'm going down there Saturday for their camp," he said. "They already told me they like what I do. They just want to see it in person, so we'll see.

Carl sounded like he was fairly confident of his top schools, so I asked him if he would consider committing to Iowa or Notre Dame is they offered him a scholarship after their football camps.

"I have my top five, but it changes weekly, and I'm pretty open to everybody," Fisher responded. "I probably won't get serious (about a decision) until probably next year. I don't want to rush my decision. I just want to take my time and do what I need to do and figure out where I need to go.

"I've done a little homework (on schools), but I need to do more. I'm confident that I have the skills and the ability to go in and try to start and I could probably do it, but I want to be where I'll have a fair shake, and am I not going to a place that has a bunch of All-American wide receivers. I want to go somewhere where I know I'm going to play and I'm going to get a great education. I haven't done my homework on everybody right now, so if I somebody offered, I wouldn't sign away, because I still need to do my homework on everybody. That's probably why I want to go through the whole process. At some point in the fall, if I'm confident and I have decision, and I'm positive, I'll sign.

"That's why I want to go to these camp. I want to get a first hand look at coaches and how they work with the relationships, so I'm pretty excited for these next two weeks," he added.

Comments: Carl seems to be very comfortable with the Iowa coaches, and it is clear that they have made an impression on him. It's a good sign that he is going to attend Notre Dame's camp, but head-to-head, I'm not sure this is a battle Notre Dame could win. Top Stories