Skill Position Starters
The Huskies rank 45th in the nation in rushing offense, 38th in total offense, and 36th in scoring offense at 29.6 points per game.
- Quarterback – Redshirt-Junior #10 Zach Frazer: Part of Charlie Weis' first full recruiting class, the 6'4" 225-pound Frazer transferred in the summer prior to Notre Dame's 2007 season. Frazer began the season as the Huskies starter but was injured in a Week Two 12-10 loss to North Carolina. The redshirt-junior signal-caller returned on November 7 to start in ABC's prime time matchup at Cincinnati, a game in which the Huskies roared back from a 37-17 deficit before falling 47-45 in regulation. (Frazer completed 19 of 32 passes vs. the No. 5 Bearcats and did not throw in interception.)
Frazer has the arm to make every throw, especially the downfield perimeter passes generally afforded to opposing receivers by the Irish secondary. Can be inaccurate at times when he feels pressure in the pocket.
- Running back – Junior #23 Jordan Todman: Played his best game of the season in the Huskies loss to the Bearcats, rushing for 162 yards on 26 carries and scoring four touchdowns in the Huskies near-comeback. The 5'11" 230-pound bruiser runs with a forward lean after turning the corner and shows a true burst after his initial cut. Todman represents a major matchup issue in space for the Irish defense.
- Wide Receiver (Z) – Senior #3 Brad Kanuch: Veteran receiver has 35 starts under his belt and ranks second on the squad in both receptions (24) and receiving yards (295). Lauded by Weis in his Tuesday press conference for his route-running ability and reliable hands, the 6'1" 192-pound target.
- Wide Receiver (X) – Senior #29 Marcus Easley: At 6'2" 216 pounds, Easley leads the team in reception (26), yards receiving (556), and touchdowns (5). Weis noted Easley for his size/speed ratio and he has the ability after the catch to burn the thus-far poor-tackling Irish secondary (and at Week 10, you are what you are from a personnel standpoint defensively).
- Wide Receiver (Slot) – Redshirt-Sophomore #82 Kashif Moore: Led the team in receptions last season (27) and has 15 grabs for 279 yards (18.6 per catch) and a touchdown this season. At 5'9" 182 pounds, Moore is one of three slot targets for the Huskies and has 258 yards receiving on 13 catches over his last four games.
- Tight End – Redshirt-Freshman #94 Ryan Griffin: The 6'6" 240-pound rookie has seven catches for 210 yards this season, including a six-catch, 80-yard performance in Week Eight vs. Rutgers.
One of the biggest offensive lines in the nation averaging 328 pounds on the left side and 319 on the right.
- Left Tackle – Redshirt-Sophomore #71 Mike Ryan: Good feet for a man his size. The 6'5" 324-pound Ryan has started the last five games at left tackle for the Huskies.
- Left Guard – Redshirt-Freshman #60 Erik Kuraczea: At 6'2" 333 pounds, Kuraczea is a physical masher but can get to the second level to secure linebackers on pulls and kick-out blocks.
- Center – Redshirt-Sophomore #57 Moe Petrus: A freshman All American at left guard last season, the 6'2" 288-pound line signal-caller does an exceptional job finishing blocks and staying with defenders when initially beaten.
- Right Guard – Redshirt-Junior #78 Zach Hurd: Has started 22 consecutive games at right guard. At 6'7" 315-pounds, Hurd is able to get out in traffic as a pulling guard for Todman on the perimeter.
- Right Tackle – 5th-Year Senior #79 Mike Hicks: Looks every bit of his listed 6'6" 323 pounds. Hicks is one of the nation's most experienced players, logging 44 starts since 2006 and keys the Huskies power rushing attack.
- Running back – 5th-Year Senior #2 Andre Dixon: Was 2nd Team All Big East as a sophomore in '07 before losing his spot to future 1st Round NFL Draft Pick Donald Brown last year. At 6'1" 202, Dixon has four 100-yard games to his credit this season and ranks a close second on the Huskies with 730 yards and seven touchdowns (both marks top all Irish single-season runners over the last three seasons). A true between-the-tackles runner that will challenge Irish linebackers Brian Smith and Manti Te'o on Saturday.
- Fullback – Junior #49 Anthony Sherman: The 5'11" 230-pound lead blocker when the Huskies aren't in 3-Wide sets.
- Wide Receiver (Slot) – Redshirt-Sophomore #83 Isiah Moore: Starred on the scout team last season and has 19 receptions (13-yard average) working primarily from the slot this season. 6'1" 185-pound target had a career-best four receptions vs. both Baylor and Pittsburgh earlier this season.
- Tight End – Redshirt-Freshman #89 John Delahunt: At 6'3" 243 pounds, Delahunt serves as an extra lineman for the UConn power games. No receptions on the season. li>
- Tight End – Redshirt-Freshman #81 Corey Manning: 6'5" 250. Like Delahunt, Manning's role is to open holes for the duo of Todman and Dixon for the ground-oriented Huskies.