The Scout 300 has been released for the 2015 class. A few have already committed to their school of choice but most remain wide open in regards to their recruitment.
The Ohio State staff is very aggressive and has already offered a significant amount of the top players on the list. The first part of the series covers prospects that landed in the top 50 that are on the Buckeyes' radar.
1. Tim Settle. Five-star defensive tackle. Ohio State is strongly in the game for the top player in the country for the 2015 class. He grew up liking the Buckeyes and has already been on the campus. Virginia has done an impressive job recruiting in state and will be tough to beat.
2. Malik Jefferson. Five-star outside linebacker. The blue-chipper from Texas has a ton of offers but I expect Ohio State to be a player for his services. The Longhorns are a threat as well and Alabama will be once the offer comes through.
4. Mitch Hyatt. Five-star offensive tackle. He's ranked as the nation's fourth best player in the class and already has seen the Buckeyes' campus. His recruitment hasn't taken much shape yet but an early visit is a positive sign for Ohio State.
6. CeCe Jefferson. Five-star defensive end. He had planned to be at Ohio State for Friday Night Lights but instead visited Gainesville for Florida's camp. I'm not high on the Buckeyes' chances.
7. Sotonye Jamabo. Five-star running back. The rising junior from Texas resides in the same area as Mike Mitchell and is close with the Mitchell family. Those ties may give Ohio State a shot at landing him.
9. Martez Ivey. Five-star offensive tackle. The talented prospect from Florida listed Ohio State in his top group early on and I'd expect him to visit Columbus to see the Buckeyes at some point.
10. Ricky DeBerry. Five-star outside linebacker. The Virginia native has offers from nearly everyone and will be a tough pull.
24. Jacob Daniel. Four-star defensive tackle. Daniel is a massive lineman from California but has expressed an early interest in the Buckeyes. Ohio State identified him early on but will need more than that to have a legitimate chance.
30. Shy Tuttle. Four-star defensive tackle. The North Carolina prospect had originally planned a visit to Ohio State but didn't make the trip. I'm not high on the Buckeyes' chances yet.
33. Jeffery Holland. Four-star outside linebacker. Holland visited the Buckeyes on a trip that saw him and his teammates check out nearly ten different schools. I think he stays in the southeast.
34. L.J. Scott. Four-star running back. Ranked as the top player in Ohio, Scott has yet to rake in an offer from the Buckeyes' staff. He's in the mix for one and I wouldn't be surprised to see one fly his way after the first few games of the season.
36. Christian Kirk. Four-star wide receiver. The Buckeyes offered early on and he wants to make a trip across the country to see Ohio State and a few other Midwest schools.
40. Terry Beckner. Four-star defensive end. The Buckeyes offered Beckner and his teammate Natereace Strong. It is still early for the East Saint Louis native but a visit to Ohio State would not surprise me.
43. Justin Dunning. Four-star safety. The standout from Texas does not hold an Ohio State offer yet but has mentioned an interest in the Buckeyes and his desire for an offer. If one comes his way, he may be one to watch.
45. Christian Wilkins. Four-star defensive tackle. The elite prospect from Connecticut has stayed in touch with Ohio State since he was offered. He visited the Buckeyes' campus a couple weeks ago and came away impressed.
47. Jashon Cornell. Four-star defensive end. The Minnesota pass rusher hails from a school that has been kind to Notre Dame over the years. Michigan has made a strong first impression as well. He has been intent on making an unofficial visit to Ohio State.
50. Taj Griffin. Four-star running back. The talented playmaker from the southeast plays at a high school loaded with talent and holds an early Ohio State offer. I think he stays in the southeast but he may visit Columbus.
Ohio State 2015 Scout 300 Notebook (1-50)
Buckeye Sports Top Stories
Bank Bag: Post Signing Day Edition Part-ThreeNational Signing Day has come and gone, but there are still big things happening in the Ohio State world. Bill Greene is here to answer questions from BSB subscribers. Here is Part…
Buckeye SportsSaturday at 2:57 PM
OSU Falls To Nebraska In Final SecondsThe Buckeyes blow a double-digit lead in their loss to the Huskers and are now 5-10 in conference play.
Buckeye SportsSaturday at 2:36 PM
New In Town: J.K. DobbinsRunning back J.K. Dobbins is next up in BSB’s daily series of posting a breakdown of each of the 21 players in Ohio State’s 2017 recruiting class.
Buckeye SportsSaturday at 2:24 PM
Buckeyes Host Cornhuskers Saturday EveningOSU looks to sweep the regular-season series from the Huskers Saturday night.
Buckeye SportsFriday at 1:04 PM
Reaction: St. Valentines Day Massacre 2017Ohio State football players completed the 2017 edition of strength coach Mickey Marotti's St. Valentines Day Massacre workout Friday morning and the players took to social media…
Buckeye SportsFriday at 8:31 AM