Saban spoke for about 25 minutes. The highlights included:
- Saban said that the way he has prepared his team for the Sugar Bowl is no different than how he prepared for previous bowl games despite the fact that the winner of this game will have another game.
- In preparing for Ohio State, Saban took in to account the fact that the Buckeyes might use two quarterbacks. the uncertainty, however, is real.
"What they do and how the do it we have no idea," Saban said.
- Saban said that running back T.J. Yeldon is a game time decision with an injured ankle.
- When asked about whether the playoff got the four teams right Saban said that there is "No debate that we have four of the best teams that got into this."
- Saban said that his team responded well after the loss to Ole Miss and played their best football late in the season.