- Meyer said he has treated the week like he would any other bowl game and has had no conversation about what happens if the Buckeyes win.
- On the quarterback situation Meyer said he is relatively comfortable. "Cardale (Jones) has had a great week of practice," Meyer said. And "Jalin (Marshall) has done a great job" in preparing to be the backup.
- When asked about the rumors that Braxton Miller was looking to transfer, Meyer said that he expected the injured quarterback to return to Ohio State next season.
- While he is a different coach than he was when he coached in the Sugar Bowl five years ago, Meyer has drawn from those experiences, he said.
- The College Football Playoff is stressful on the athletes, Meyer said. "I'm very concerned about the wear and tear," he said.
- Meyer called Alabama's level of consistency in recent years impressive. When speaking about Alabama head coach Nick Saban Meyer said: "I think he's obviously one of the great coaches in college football history."
- Meyer "feels an incredible amount of pride" for the seniors who have worked to come back from a 6-7 record their freshman year, he said.
- When speaking about Crimson Tide wide receiver Amari Cooper Meyer said that "No. 9 could be the top pick in the draft, he's that good."
- Meyer said that he consistently relies on advice from Earle Bruce and Lou Holtz and preparation for this game has been no different. He has spoken to Holtz in particular while preparing for this game, Meyer said.
Meyer Expects Miller To Return
Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer addressed the media Wednesday for the final time before his team faces Alabama in the Sugar Bowl on Thursday.
Buckeye Sports Top Stories
OSU Makes History In First Round Of NFL DraftWith three former Buckeye defensive backs taken in the first round of the 2017 NFL draft Thursday night, Ohio State has claimed a place in the record books.
Buckeye SportsYesterday at 8:27 AM
Recruiting, Alumni Play Into OSU SchedulingMany things factor into who Ohio State schedules for future football games. Martin Jarmond met with select members of the media to explain what those factors are.
Buckeye SportsYesterday at 8:15 AM
OSU Adds TCU, Washington To Future SlateOhio State has announced a future series with Washington and rescheduled its home-and-home series with TCU for a neutral site game.
Buckeye SportsThursday at 11:43 AM
Samuel Selected By Panthers In NFL DraftFormer Ohio State H-back Curtis Samuel is off the board.
Buckeye SportsThursday at 7:31 AM
Bank Blog: OSU's 2018 Recruiting Class LookOhio State has added five highly rated players to the 2018 recruiting class in April, and now sit at the number-five spot in the latest class rankings. Let's look at each commit,…
Buckeye SportsThursday at 5:46 AM