- Meyer said he has treated the week like he would any other bowl game and has had no conversation about what happens if the Buckeyes win.
- On the quarterback situation Meyer said he is relatively comfortable. "Cardale (Jones) has had a great week of practice," Meyer said. And "Jalin (Marshall) has done a great job" in preparing to be the backup.
- When asked about the rumors that Braxton Miller was looking to transfer, Meyer said that he expected the injured quarterback to return to Ohio State next season.
- While he is a different coach than he was when he coached in the Sugar Bowl five years ago, Meyer has drawn from those experiences, he said.
- The College Football Playoff is stressful on the athletes, Meyer said. "I'm very concerned about the wear and tear," he said.
- Meyer called Alabama's level of consistency in recent years impressive. When speaking about Alabama head coach Nick Saban Meyer said: "I think he's obviously one of the great coaches in college football history."
- Meyer "feels an incredible amount of pride" for the seniors who have worked to come back from a 6-7 record their freshman year, he said.
- When speaking about Crimson Tide wide receiver Amari Cooper Meyer said that "No. 9 could be the top pick in the draft, he's that good."
- Meyer said that he consistently relies on advice from Earle Bruce and Lou Holtz and preparation for this game has been no different. He has spoken to Holtz in particular while preparing for this game, Meyer said.
Meyer Expects Miller To Return
Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer addressed the media Wednesday for the final time before his team faces Alabama in the Sugar Bowl on Thursday.
Buckeye Sports Top Stories
Barrett Excited To Play In CFP Semi-FinalOhio State quarterback J.T. Barrett missed the Buckeyes playoff run in 2014 because of injury. Now, he has the chance to experience it again on the field.
Buckeye SportsYesterday at 12:31 PM
Elflein A Rimington FinalistOhio State's Pat Elflein is up for another major award.
Buckeye SportsYesterday at 9:51 AM
Meyer Watched CFP Show From Maternity WardAt 5:30 a.m. on Dec. 4, Ohio State head football coach Urban Meyer got some good news that did not involve his football team.
Buckeye SportsSunday at 1:16 PM
OSU Gets Rematch With Clemson In 2016 CFPOhio State's 2016 College Football Playoff semifinal matchup vs. Clemson will be a rematch of the 2014 Orange Bowl. A game the Buckeyes lost, 40-35.
Buckeye SportsSunday at 12:26 PM