- Meyer said he has treated the week like he would any other bowl game and has had no conversation about what happens if the Buckeyes win.
- On the quarterback situation Meyer said he is relatively comfortable. "Cardale (Jones) has had a great week of practice," Meyer said. And "Jalin (Marshall) has done a great job" in preparing to be the backup.
- When asked about the rumors that Braxton Miller was looking to transfer, Meyer said that he expected the injured quarterback to return to Ohio State next season.
- While he is a different coach than he was when he coached in the Sugar Bowl five years ago, Meyer has drawn from those experiences, he said.
- The College Football Playoff is stressful on the athletes, Meyer said. "I'm very concerned about the wear and tear," he said.
- Meyer called Alabama's level of consistency in recent years impressive. When speaking about Alabama head coach Nick Saban Meyer said: "I think he's obviously one of the great coaches in college football history."
- Meyer "feels an incredible amount of pride" for the seniors who have worked to come back from a 6-7 record their freshman year, he said.
- When speaking about Crimson Tide wide receiver Amari Cooper Meyer said that "No. 9 could be the top pick in the draft, he's that good."
- Meyer said that he consistently relies on advice from Earle Bruce and Lou Holtz and preparation for this game has been no different. He has spoken to Holtz in particular while preparing for this game, Meyer said.
Meyer Expects Miller To Return
Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer addressed the media Wednesday for the final time before his team faces Alabama in the Sugar Bowl on Thursday.
Buckeye Sports Top Stories
Holtmann Looking At All Ways To Expand RosterNew Ohio State men’s basketball head coach Chris Holtmann is hoping more players will be added to the roster for the upcoming season.
Buckeye SportsYesterday at 2:57 PM
Holtmann Could Anticipate Tate Playing PGNew Ohio State men’s basketball head coach Chris Holtmann said on Friday there is a possibility that forward Jae’Sean Tate could spend some time at point guard this upcoming season…
Buckeye SportsYesterday at 9:42 AM
Kerry Coombs Gets PromotedOhio State’s cornerbacks coach and special teams coordinator gets another job responsibility.
Buckeye SportsThursday at 11:22 AM
Stover Is A Top Target For Ohio StateOhio defensive end Cade Stover is one of the top 2019 prospects in the Midwest, and he has the offer list to back that up. Stover appears to be in no hurry to make his college…
Scout FootballThursday at 10:12 AM
Holtmann Wants Tough Nonconference ScheduleThe new Ohio State men's basketball head coach wants his team to go up against some of the best competition the country has to offer.
Buckeye SportsThursday at 8:10 AM