- Meyer said he has treated the week like he would any other bowl game and has had no conversation about what happens if the Buckeyes win.
- On the quarterback situation Meyer said he is relatively comfortable. "Cardale (Jones) has had a great week of practice," Meyer said. And "Jalin (Marshall) has done a great job" in preparing to be the backup.
- When asked about the rumors that Braxton Miller was looking to transfer, Meyer said that he expected the injured quarterback to return to Ohio State next season.
- While he is a different coach than he was when he coached in the Sugar Bowl five years ago, Meyer has drawn from those experiences, he said.
- The College Football Playoff is stressful on the athletes, Meyer said. "I'm very concerned about the wear and tear," he said.
- Meyer called Alabama's level of consistency in recent years impressive. When speaking about Alabama head coach Nick Saban Meyer said: "I think he's obviously one of the great coaches in college football history."
- Meyer "feels an incredible amount of pride" for the seniors who have worked to come back from a 6-7 record their freshman year, he said.
- When speaking about Crimson Tide wide receiver Amari Cooper Meyer said that "No. 9 could be the top pick in the draft, he's that good."
- Meyer said that he consistently relies on advice from Earle Bruce and Lou Holtz and preparation for this game has been no different. He has spoken to Holtz in particular while preparing for this game, Meyer said.
Meyer Expects Miller To Return
Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer addressed the media Wednesday for the final time before his team faces Alabama in the Sugar Bowl on Thursday.
Buckeye Sports Top Stories
Pro Day Meant Another Opportunity For ElfleinFormer Ohio State center Pat Elflein used Thursday’s pro day as another opportunity to show NFL representatives his abilities.
Buckeye Sports10:41 AM
McGuff Has Deep Ties To Sweet 16 OpponentThe Ohio State women's basketball team is set to make its second straight Sweet 16 appearance, and the Buckeyes head coach Kevin McGuff knows his opponent all too well.
Buckeye Sports7:05 AM
Elflein Talks Body Transformation At Pro DayFormer Ohio State center Pat Elflein explained after his Pro Day workout on Thursday how LeCharles Bentley helped him transform his body as his NFL career looms.
Buckeye SportsYesterday at 2:12 PM
Hooker Signs Deal With Jordan As Draft NearsWith the NFL Draft looming, Malik Hooker is already making money as he works towards getting healthy.
Buckeye SportsYesterday at 12:54 PM