- "We're not where we need to be, but we don't have to be yet."
- Dontre Wilson aggravated his foot injury and Marshon Lattimore is also dealing with a hamstring issue but they hope to get both back this week.
- Next week will be a tough week with two-a-days going on. "It's going to be pure survival mode, which is what training camp is all about. ... You have to feel bad before you feel good."
- Meyer confirms Torrance Gibson came to him as far as the potential move to wide receiver. Though it's only been a day or two of work for him, "He runs around really fast and is a really good guy. Has he moved to receiver? No." But it's a way to potentially get him on the field this year.
- They have Jack Willoughby, the Duke kicker, as the No. 1 kickoff guy right now. Willoughby is also battling Sean Nuernberger for the placekicking job.
- Meyer says the biggest transition for Braxton Miller moving to wideout is all the running involved compared to QB. This will be a big week for him. "I'm anxious for him to get going and see if he can win a starter spot." He's battled some muscle tightness as well. They also want to make sure his shoulder is healthy for any passing he might do.
- Meyer said the transition of Ed Warinner to offensive coordinator is going well. His focus still has to be on the offensive line but he's transitioned well into the whole thing.
- On the QBs, "We're gonna meet today" to discuss the data they've compiled so far. "The gut feeling part and what I've watched, it is what it is. I think they're both right there. They're both working their tails off." Meyer calls it one of the most refreshing competitions he's witnessed. "They encourage each other, they push each other. It's very unique."
- Gareon Conley is the starter at corner replacing Doran Grant. At DE, Tyquan Lewis has one spot and Jalyn Holmes or Sam Hubbard will fill the other with Joey Bosa suspended.
- Meyer said WRs coach Zach Smith has taken over as the on-staff recruiting coordinator.
- Meyer said there really hasn't been a focus on the team talking about repeating. Didn't talk to any coaches about how to handle that because it hasn't been a focus of the team.
- Meyer mentions J.T. Barrett has increased his arm strength over the offseason and his motion is efficient. Two years ago, Barrett went to an arm strength guru to work on that.
- On Justin Hilliard wearing No. 47, "Everyone knows the respect we all have for Chic Harley," and Meyer noted he knows how important numbers are to kids. They talked to Gene Smith and the Harley family as well as Archie Griffin and "I didn't see any issue at all."
Video: Meyer Speaks At OSU Media Day
Buckeye Sports Top Stories
QB Clark Decommits From Ohio StateThe first member of Ohio State's 2017 recruiting class reopened his recruitment Tuesday morning.
Buckeye Sports6:17 AM
Scout 300: Akers Trending Away From OSU?The updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the Scout 300.
Scout FootballYesterday at 11:15 AM
WATCH: Buckeyes Talk Rutgers WeekWith a matchup against Chris Ash and Rutgers just days away, Ohio State coaches and players met with the media to discuss the Buckeyes' strong start to the season and the upcoming…
Buckeye SportsYesterday at 9:35 AM
Urban Meyer Updates: K.J. Hill Out 3-4 WeeksAfter a bye week, Urban Meyer met with the media to preview Ohio State's upcoming homecoming contest against Rutgers.
Buckeye SportsYesterday at 8:34 AM