In his first game week presser of 2016, Urban Meyer named starters, confirmed the suspension of wide receiver Torrance Gibson and named additional captains for the upcoming season.
- Meyer took the time to add Tyquan Lewis, Joe Burger, Gareon Conley and Billy Price as captains in addition to J.T. Barrett, Raekwon McMillan and Pat Elflein.
- Meyer spoke in length about how much he enjoyed his time at Bowling Green and said he is excited for this weeks game. Meyer joked that he only took 50 players to his first game in Missouri against the Tigers because he didn't have 70 players worth taking.
- Meyer said he disagrees with the school's suspension of Gibson. He added it was not an athletic department or football team decision. Suspension came from the university. He said he has dealt with similar situations in the past.
- Meyer was asked about Tim Tebow's baseball prospects. Said he was "an incredible" baseball player. Said he changed the game he saw him play in high school. "Don't count him out," Meyer said.
- He said he wants the Buckeyes offense to be 50/50 in terms of run to pass balance.
- Meyer said they ran Barrett too much last season. Said he would like to keep the QB designed runs around seven to eight carries per game, not factoring in scrambles.
- Meyer named walk-on kicker Tyler Durbin a starter over Sean Nuernberger for this week. Meyer added Nuernberger is battling a minor injury at the moment. Durbin will kickoff and handle the field goal duties as well this week.
- Meyer said if everything continues as it is, Michael Jordan will start at guard opposite Price. Damon Webb and Malik Hooker still have the inside track to start at safety.
To see Meyer's comments in their entirety check out the video below: