Urban Meyer joined the Big Ten coaches teleconference today and updated the Torrance Gibson situation while also discussing his biggest concerns facing Ohio State against the Falcons.
- Meyer said he expects Torrance Gibson to return to Ohio State after his suspension is over. He said he is still very much in contact with the redshirt-freshman wide receiver. "I have had zero indication that he wants to leave," Meyer said. "His focus is to be the best Buckeye that he can possibly be."
- Meyer said Billy Price's strength is unprecedented in the weight room. Said he has heard stories from Mickey Marotti that have impressed him.
- He said Denzel Ward and Marshon Lattimore will likely be listed as co-starters at corner opposite of Gareon Conley.
- Meyer said his biggest concern against Bowling Green is how his secondary and linebackers will react to quick screens and misdirection plays. Said he is worried about getting players on the ground fast.
- Meyer said Tracy Sprinkle is a great story in how he has rebounded from once being suspended, to being a starter at Ohio State. Added he is on track to graduate.
- Meyer raved about the ability of Conley to lead and perform on the field. "I am really proud of him and he is going to be a big part of our team this year," Meyer said.
The Buckeyes are set to kickoff the 2016 season at noon on Saturday at Ohio Stadium.