Urban Meyer opened his final press conference before the season opener against Bowling Green by naming his starting running back to step into the spot most recently vacated by Ezekiel Elliott while also making some corrections to the depth chart.
- Even though it was mostly known throughout Columbus, Meyer officially named Mike Weber the starting running back at Ohio State Wednesday evening. "His last 10 days have been outstanding," Meyer said.
- Meyer named Jalyn Holmes a co-starter at defensive end and said his staff is preparing to make the call to his parents tonight. Chris Worley was also officially named a starter at outside linebacker, taking Darron Lee's old spot.
- Along the defensive line, Meyer said he plans to play four to five interior defensive linemen in addition to four players at defensive end, including Nick Bosa.
- Cam Burrows has reinjured his foot according to Meyer and will miss the entire 2016 season and the fourth year juniors standing on the team has not yet been addressed moving forward. Meyer added he will spend a lot of his time focused in the weight room this year as a student intern.
- Meyer said he anticipates Bowling Green to pass more than they run, but added he expects them to run the ball efficiently.
- Meyer again praised J.T. Barrett's ability to lead the team. Said he is on top of his game heading into week one.
Kickoff is set for noon on Saturday at Ohio Stadium.