Urban Meyer opened his Wednesday press conference by complimenting the athletic ability of safety Malik Hooker who tallied two interceptions last week in a 77-10 win over Bowling Green. He also spoke to the ability of J.T. Barrett and the way he moves the offense when they go up tempo.
- Meyer said Demario McCall is ahead of Antonio Williams on the depth chart at running back which is why Williams didn't play on Saturday.
- He said Dwayne Haskins "has a great future" at Ohio State. Said he is not quite ready yet for college football.
- Meyer said Parris Campbell, Terry McLaurin and Austin Mack are all playing well. He said the Buckeyes still plan to play multiple wide receivers.
- Meyer said Corey Smith is dealing with a minor hamstring injury which is partly why he didn't play well against BG.
- Linebacker Dante Booker is still listed as questionable for Saturday against Tulsa. Meyer said Joe Burger and Jerome Baker will play in his spot if he cannot go against the Golden Hurricane.
- Meyer said Sean Nuernberger is still progressing in terms of his health, but did kick live today. Tyler Durbin is still the guy at kicker.