It is Ohio State's bye week and the coaches spent Sunday and Monday on the recruiting trail. The Buckeyes return to Columbus today to resume practice during their lone bye week of the season. Head coach Urban Meyer spoke on the Big Ten teleconference to discuss OSU's health and recap the first three weeks of the season.
- Meyer said corner Gareon Conley is expected back at practice today and will participate in non-contact drills. Said he was held out of the Oklahoma game as a precaution.
- Meyer said after watching the film of the Oklahoma game, he and his staff feel Ohio State can be even better in multiple areas. The Buckeyes are currently 3-0 and ranked No. 2 in the country.
- With Ohio State, Michigan State and Michigan all ranked in the top-10, Meyer said he believes the Big Ten East is "one of the strongest, if not the strongest in college football."
- Meyer said he wishes Ohio State did not have a bye week until later in the season. Added he thought the Buckeyes were just starting to get into a rhythm with practice.
- Despite the multiple timeouts and delay of games taken against Oklahoma, Meyer said he is pleased with the way J.T. Barrett is moving the offense. He praised Barrett's ability to get the offense organized and into the right plays.
- Meyer said he is very happy with how Greg Schiano has meshed with the rest of the defensive staff, especially with Luke Fickell. Added he knew he had to make a home run hire after Ash's departure.