The Ohio State head football coach took questions from the media Tuesday on the Big Ten coaches teleconference ahead of the Buckeyes matchup against the Badgers.
- Meyer said the running game is "still a work in progress." Added that Mike Weber, J.T. Barrett and Curtis Samuel are all doing well.
- Meyer said coaches Greg Schiano and Luke Fickell have a unique relationship. Added he is very pleased with how the coaching staff has meshed so far this season.
- Since Carlos Hyde, Ezekiel Elliott and Mike Weber have come through Ohio State, Meyer said that the Buckeyes are in the running for many top level running back recruits. Said the success recent backs has played a huge factor.
- Meyer said he is very pleased with how the young players have developed on the team. He said he has seen the defense evolve very well.
- Meyer said that he cannot recall many players on the current roster causing a negative stir a season ago when they were sitting behind multiple future NFL draft picks. Mentioned Samuel and Weber as two players who knew their time was coming and stayed patient.