Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer met with the media via the Big Ten Teleconference on Tuesday to preview the Buckeyes' road match-up at Michigan State this Saturday.
- Meyer said left tackle Jamarco Jones went through a three-week period this season where he had injuries to both ankles but said he is playing well and has a bright future. H also said Jones has done a nice job developing a toughness aspect to his game.
- "Those things happen," Meyer said of Michigan State having a down year.
- The College Football Playoff selection committee stated that it does not take into account a team's margin of victory against its opponents and Meyer said he doesn't even think about the committee coming out to say that.
- Meyer said he had no idea who Tyler Durbin was or where he came from before the senior placekicker transferred to Columbus.
- "I will not watch and we got to get ready for Michigan State," Meyer on the CFP rankings coming out later tonight.
- "That legitimized who he was," Meyer said about junior quarterback J.T. Barrett of his game at Michigan State in 2014.
- "We see what we see on videotape and that's a dynamic offense and defense," Meyer said about MSU.
- Meyer deflected a reporter's question on if he thinks Barrett is ready for the NFL: "We're worried about beating Michigan State and he has to have a very good Tuesday practice."
- Meyer on his team being a 22.5-point favorite on the road: "We just look at what Michigan State is ... we got a lot of respect for them."