For the final time before Ohio State's spring game on April 15, Urban Meyer spoke with the media on the Big Ten spring coaches teleconference. Below are the main takeaways from Meyer's time on the conference call.
- Meyer said the emphasis of spring practice was protection of the quarterback and accuracy. Added he wants to see the offense finish.
- Meyer said Kendall Sheffield is ahead of the three early enrollees at corner. He added Denzel Ward "is our best corner." Said he has also been impressed with Shaun Wade, Jeff Okudah and Marcus Williamson.
- He said Dre'Mont Jones has made great progress in the spring. Said he is "a borderline great player."
- On offense, Meyer mentioned Mike Weber as a more improved player. He added J.K. Dobbins is going to play come fall.
- Meyer said Demetrius Knox practiced with the team today, April 12. Said he missed the Student Appreciation Day because he was taking care of his academics.
- Meyer said he thinks the OSU tackles (Jamarco Jones and Isaiah Prince) have improved. Added, "we are not where we need to be on the offensive line."
- Meyer said the right guard position battle between Knox, Matt Burrell and Malcolm Pridgeon is ongoing.
- Florida, Georgia and Texas are the most important states for recruiting outside of Ohio for the Buckeyes according to Meyer.