Here's what Allen had to say:
* On the play of the OSU defense against Wisconsin -- "We didn't play as bad. We were only a couple plays away from getting all of our goals -- the long pass at the end and the long run. We would have had our goals for the win and for the points. There were just one or two points in there where we didn't get them stopped. We just have to learn from that and move on."
* On how the defense has had to cover for OSU's lackluster offense: "At times, it can be discouraging, but we know it is a team effort. We have to play our part. Sometimes, we have to go above and beyond. If that's what it takes to win games, that's what we have to do. After what happened last week, we have an attitude that we're not going to let that happen again.
"Coach Tressel talks about having superior special teams, relentless defense and mistake-free, opportunistic offense. Those are the three ingredients that you have to have to win big games. We didn't play relentless defense on every down. We believe in that and that‘s what we‘re going out to do."
* On gearing up for Iowa: "We know they will come in here and have some things to show us. They are the No. 9 team in the country. They are going to come in here and try and beat us. We just have to be ready. They have very good skill position players. They are going to try and run the ball, run the ball and run the ball. Then they will run the play action. We just have to be ready for it.
"We're pumped every game, no matter who it is. We try and make a statement every game. We just play hard. Everybody just wants to go out and play hard. Our attitude is a different type of attitude than we've had in the last few weeks."
* On public sentiment that Ohio State's season is headed south: "You're going to get that because whenever Ohio State loses, we get that flack. We know what we have to do. Our coaches are pushing us constantly and we have the confidence to get it done. If you get caught up in the media deal, that's what you'll end up -- where they think you are."
* On the attitude in practice this week after the loss: "Just the attitude was different. We all know what we have to do. Everybody is approaching it very stern and perfect to have more attention to detail. We can't give up those big ones late in the game. This week, we're going to be more mentally prepared."
* On Iowa RB Fred Russell: "He is extremely quick, he's fast and he always falls forward when he runs the ball. He tries to pick his holes and burst through them. We just have to tackle him on every play. They try to establish the run. Against Michigan, he just came out of nowhere in the fourth quarter and had a big run. We have to try and stop him."
* On whether the team is relieved that the winning streak is over: "I don't think so. We would have loved to have won the rest of our games. We lost a game and we have to move on from it. We have to win these last six. You have to look at it like, `What are we going do to get better and strive forward and bounce back from this loss.' We can‘t get down or we will end up 7-5. We just have to keep winning games."
* On whether the Buckeyes, who now need another team to defeat Wisconsin to get a share of the Big Ten title, feel they are in a position of vulnerability: "We're just trying to focus on winning our next game. We're focused on Iowa. We're not focused on what everyone else is trying to do. We have to focus on ourselves and what Ohio State has to do. As long as we do that, everything else will take care of itself."