However, here were some comments from the locker rooms after the game:
* OSU defensive end Simon Fraser on Iowa -- "They fought hard today and were fortunate to make the big plays when they needed them. Their receivers made some good plays on the ball. We have to fight back after this one. We need to keep our heads up and go forward."
* OSU linebacker Bobby Carpenter on the Iowa offense and quarterback Drew Tate -- "I don't think their run really hurt us that much. It was their pass that hurt us the most. It's hard to stop a scrambling quarterback like that. He is a heck of an athlete with a good arm."
* OSU linebacker Anthony Schlegel on the defense's shortcomings -- "The defense's job when there are turnovers is to go out and hold them to field goals. But they made touchdowns. That's how it's been. There is definitely two sides to this. One of the offensive guys in the locker room said, `I'm sorry.' I said, `No, this is shared by everybody.' That's what our team has to know. There won't be any finger pointing on this team. We just have to get better."
* Wide receiver Tony Gonzalez on his first career catch, a 9-yarder that converted a first down -- "My goal has always been – if I ever get the opportunity, which I was fortunate to get this week – is to try to do something to help us win. That didn't happen. But it was nice to get out there and do some things. I've been kind of begging for a chance for a few weeks now."
* Tight end Rory Nicol on his first career catch, a 23-yard touchdown to avert the shutout -- "Scoring is a good thing and a confidence builder, but it really comes down to the team. You care about everybody and you love everybody on this team. We have to stick together, keep fighting and get a W."
* Cornerback Dustin Fox on the loss -- "It's extremely tough. It's even tougher when you get back out there and play and get your rear end handed to you like that. It's tough because everyone is trying so hard to do something and we couldn't get it going."
* Safety Donte Whitner also sums up the loss -- "This is what happens when you don't go out and do the things you have to do and you're supposed to do to win games. You get embarrassed and we got embarrassed today."
* Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz on the win -- "We've been playing pretty well on defense. The defensive team has aspirations to be considered a top team. I think today we started to prove that."
* Iowa receiver Clinton Solomon on quarterback Drew Tate -- "Drew Tate is a great quarterback and a great leader. He put the ball in places where we could take it and make plays. It felt great to get into the end zone."
* Iowa linebacker Abdul Hodge on stopping the Buckeyes -- "We knew last year Ohio State didn't score a touchdown on our defense. Coming into Kinnick Stadium, we knew that we would have the crowd on our side. We wanted to take pride and come play aggressively today. I think we proved that we are a tough defense. This was the best performance of the year. That was a pretty good team we were playing out there and we shut them down."