This is a special column for Ohio State fans only. That is why it is posted on our premium message board.
The Buckeye Grove column for this week has been freshly posted. It weighs in at 5,031 words. Today, we have notes on:
* OSU's previous forays to the land of 10-0 and how the 11th game has worked out historically.
* A look at how Jim Tressel stacks up among OSU coaches that got at least 60 wins.
* My up-to-the-minute look at the BCS with opinions that will almost certainly be debunked (again) by some kind of wild upset this Saturday.
* Reaction from OSU offensive players on Jim Tressel taking some of the blame for the play calling and offensive performance at Illinois.
* Antonio Smith and Doug Datish reflect on lessons learned in OSU's 2002 national title run.
* Smith on OSU's play on third downs.
* Anthony Gonzalez on the hardships Northwestern has endured this year.
* Gonzalez on a teammate he thinks will one day be a coach as well as his own future -- in the short and long terms.
* My thoughts on the open Michigan State job, where I already whiffed once about 3-4 years ago.
* Comments from Tressel on the affinity people have in Ohio for OSU, the recruiting pipeline at Cleveland Glenville and the built-in advantages OSU has in recruiting.
* My preseason consensus poll for men's college basketball.
* Comments from Thad Matta on an infusion of height in his program.
* And the usual notes on our radio show, magazines, media appearances, Chats and much more.
What are you waiting for? By reading this column, you are going to get insights on OSU athletics and recruiting that you will not find anywhere else.
Now is the time to subscribe to Bucknuts.com and get into the Buckeye Grove! (Remember the Buckeye Grove is a premium message board.)
Here are also our Picks and Viewers Guide for this weekend's action (also on the Buckeye Grove board):
And here is also Kyle Lamb's column, A Schott In The Arm, dedicated to OSU men's basketball: