Glenville vs. St. Edward photo gallery

Some were calling it David versus Goliath when Glenville took on St. Edward in a regional semi-final match up. The Tarblooders earned the attention from everyone around the state with a 32-7 victory over the Eagles.

Glenville captains.

St. Edward captains.

At the coin toss.

The Eagles would receive the football to start the game.

Jamario O'Neal (foreground) led the team in prayer in the Glenville locker room before the game.

The team prayed along with O'Neal.

Donte Whitner addressed the team prior to the game.

O'Neal is ready to go just prior to the kickoff.

Unfortunately for Glenville the kicking tee was still in the locker room when the game started.

Anthony Gardner was back in action from his dislocated shoulder.

Paxton Rose helped Ed's move right down the field on their very first possession, but the drive stalled and they attempted a field goal that was partially blocked.

Raymond Fisher was involved in the offense early, but had a costly fumble late in the first half.

Arvell Nelson guided the Tarblooder offense for most of the game.

Curtis Smith recoverd a fumble in the end zone to give Glenville a 7-0 lead.

Gardner led the Eagles right back down the field again.

Rose helped move the chains on the second drive.

The Glenville defense led by Freddie Lenix thwarted that drive as well and then Ray Smalls blocked a second field goal attempt by St. Edward.

Tim Conner helped move the Tarblooders down the field on this carry in the first quarter.

And eventually Conner found the end zone from 7 yards out to make it 13-0.

LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers was on the Glenville sideline rooting on the Tarblooders.

Gardner looking to pass down by two scores.

St. Edward's offensive line helped the Eagles get back in the game with a strong second quarter drive.

Alex Boone in his short yardage stance near the goal line.

Gardner kept it and went wide right for the Eagles first and only score of the game to make it 13-7 in the second quarter.

Senior Derek McBryde kepts the clamps on St. Edward's star receiver Joe Klinesmith for the most part.

O'Neal almost broke this punt return for a score but it was called back near the start of the return because of a penalty.

Sophomore QB Gino Sturdivant, flanked by Conner to his right and Lenix, was inserted into the game in the fourth quarter and marched the Tarblooders right down the field.

Lenix even had his number called on the drive.

Daven Jones had a sensational grab to keep that initial drive alive on one third down play.

Eventually Sturdivant hit pay dirt from 8 yards out to widen the margin to 19-7 with over four minutes remaining in the game.

Lenix picked off a Gardner pass and raced 38 yards with it for a touchdown on this play to make the score 26-7.

Whitner was loving every minute of it on the Glenville sideline.

Two future Buckeyes exchange respectful words after the game.

Coach Ginn couldn't have been any happier for his team after the game. Another late Glenville interception returned for a score made the final margin 32-7.

Buckeye Sports Top Stories