Week 4 Highlights
* Findlay knocked off previously unbeaten Cincinnati Moeller 35-17. Junior quarterback Chris Schneider completed 14 of 24 passes for 226 yards and four touchdowns. Caleb Enright ran for 89 tough yards, getting 15 on one second-quarter TD
* Lakewood St. Edward junior running back Frank Edmonds gained 269 yards and scored two touchdowns on 36 carries to lead St. Edward, ranked fifth in Division I, to a 34-17 win over host Cincinnati Elder. St. Ed avenged a 31-7 loss to Elder in the 2003 state title game.
* Cincinnati St. Xavier, ranked No. 2 in Division I, downed Westerville North 52-7. Sophomore running back Darius Ashley rushed nine times for 135 yards and three touchdowns for St. X.
* Cincinnati Colerain won its 38th straight Greater Miami Conference game with a 42-3 rout of Liberty Twp. Lakota East. Senior halfback Kyle Lumpkin had 11 carries for 162 yards and three TDs. QB Gary Pride added 14 carries for 133 yards and a TD, while Terrence Sherrer chipped in with nine carries for 80 yards and his own TD. Colerain is ranked third in Division I.
* Quarterback Mitch Allen rushed for 271 yards and three touchdowns, and running back Mike Latessa totaled 91 yards and two touchdowns for Sycamore in a 35-14 win over Middletown.
* C.C. Brooks carried the ball 14 times for 121 yards and two touchdowns for West Chester Lakota West in a 42-7 rout of Hamilton. OSU verbal WR Josh Chichester caught a 24-yard touchdown pass as well as a two-point conversion pass.
* Winton Woods rushed for 542 yards, including 200 by senior Julian Johnson and 114 by junior Hosea Simpson, in a 53-14 romp of Harrison. Simpson tallied three TDs in the win.
* Springboro TE Jake Ballard, an OSU verbal, caught one of QB Clay Coomer's two TD passes – a 9-yarder – in a 23-0 win over Dayton Carroll. Springboro is ranked No. 5 in Division II.
* Euclid nipped Bedford 10-7 on Mike Zuzic's 25-yard field goal with eight seconds left. That capped a week where Zuzic also tallied 10 goals in two soccer games.
* Westerville South junior QB Rocco Pentello completed 15 of 20 passes for 200 yards and three TDs and Elijah Griffin carried 19 times for 141 yards and three scores in a 49-27 win over Grove City.
* Coldwater, ranked No. 1 in Division IV, saw Steve Borger run for a TD and throw for one in 28-3 win over Dublin Jerome. OSU verbal Ross Homan added a 5-yard TD run for Coldwater.
* Akron Hoban junior wide receiver Joe Thomas caught a 12-yard touchdown pass on a broken play from Paul McGough and the Knights' defeated Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary 20-13 in double overtime.
* Copley RB Delone Carter ran for a season-high 305 yards and scored four touchdowns on 22 carries in a 35-12 win over Barberton. Carter's season totals moved to 947 yards and 19 touchdowns on 78 carries.
* Cleveland JFK's Tyrone Bolden Jr. had six TD catches in a 44-27 win over Cleveland Collinwood.
* Cleveland St. Ignatius QB Rudy Kirbus completed 15 of 16 passes for 253 yards and four touchdowns in a 55-35 win over Mentor. WR Robbie Parris caught all four TD passes, finishing with nine catches for 163 yards for the Wildcats, ranked 10th in Division I. Kirbus also ran 11 times for 81 yards and a touchdown. Senior tailback Nick Secue ran 15 times for 136 yards, including an 80-yard touchdown run.
* Cuyhoga Falls Walsh Jesuit turned back Akron Garfield 21-13. Garfield RB Chris Wells, an OSU recruit, had 205 yards and two touchdowns on 25 carries. In four games this season, Wells, slowed somewhat by a leg injury, has had 101 carries for 667 yards and 10 touchdowns. Trey Bennett, who ran for 105 yards on 13 carries, scored the first two Walsh touchdowns on runs of 5 and 2 yards in the second quarter.
* Kettering Fairmont's Cameron Campeau ran for 379 yards and five touchdowns on 41 carries in a 46-28 win over Springfield North.
* Clayton Northmont junior QB Clay Belton connected with Justin Watkins for two TD passes and Kurt Coleman, an OSU verbal, returned a punt 60 yards for a score in a 41-7 win over Sidney.
* Nick Powell's 40-yard field goal in the third quarter was the only score in Preble Shawnee's 3-0 win over Northridge. It was the first win for Shawnee, which did not have football last year.
* St. Henry snapped a two-game losing streak with a 31-14 win over New Bremen. Andy Puthoff scored four TDs for St. Henry.
* Piqua RB Brandon Saine went for 147 yards on 24 carries and a TD in a 28-0 win over Trotwood-Madison.
* Canton McKinley overwhelmed Canton GlenOak 49-0. RB Morgan Williams had 402 all-purpose yards, including 174 rushing, and scored five touchdowns in the win for McKinley, ranked No. 4 in Division I. McKinley has outscored its four opponents 192-35. Williams has 641 yards rushing this year. GlenOak QB Mike Hartline, hobbled by an ankle injury, completed just 5 of 15 passes for 48 yards.
* Massillon Washington, ranked seventh in Division I, moved to 4-0 with a 49-7 win over Chardon. Junior Brian Gamble finished with 60 yards on eight carries, and caught three passes for 103 yards. He scored three times. Junior QB Bobby Huth finished with 159 yards on 7-of-9 passing.
* Huber Heights Wayne defeated Springfield South 38-12. Alex Earley had 103 yards on 11 carries and completed 18 of 31 passes for 213 yards and three touchdowns for Wayne.
* Avon Lake, ranked No. 1 in Division II, downed Westlake 24-0 for its 30th straight regular season win. QB Brian Pettys completed 7 of 14 passes for 80 yards and two touchdowns..
* Mentor Lake Catholic, ranked No. 1 in Division III, defeated Garfield Heights Trinity 35-0. Quarterback Rick Stanzi ran for 95 yards and a touchdown on 10 carries, and was sacked just once.
* Cleveland Glenville, ranked No. 1 in Division I, defeated Cleveland East Tech 59-0. Bryant Milligan had six receptions for 136 yards and two touchdowns for Glenville.
* Amherst's Alex Knipp rushed 13 times for 353 yards and four touchdowns in the Comets' 42-32 victory over Brecksville.
* Versailles, No. 1 in Division V, defeated Fort Recovery 62-0.
* Delphos St. John's, No. 1 in Division VI, stopped Minster 26-7.
Week 5 Games To Watch
Ohio News Network will continue its weekly Big Game series. This Friday, ONN will show Columbus Watterson at Cleveland Benedictine at 10 p.m. on tape delay.
Key games Friday: Cleveland St. Ignatius at Mishawaka (Ind.) Penn (Penn was a big-school state semifinalist last year in Indiana), Mentor at Massillon Washington, Canton McKinley at Austintown Fitch, Massillon Jackson at Canton GlenOak (GlenOak won 13-7 in OT last year), Westerville South at Marion Harding (South won 21-19 last year), Findlay at Worthington Kilbourne, Centerville at Springfield South, Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary at Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit, St. Henry at Coldwater (Coldwater won 28-0 last year), Versailles at Delphos St. John's, Hamilton at Cincinnati Colerain, Liberty Twp. Lakota East at Cincinnati Princeton, Euclid at Garfield Heights, Sycamore at West Chester Lakota West, Hudson at Solon, Akron Garfield at Akron Ellet, Springboro at Piqua and Cleveland Benedictine at Columbus Watterson (Benedictine won 22-17 last year).
On Saturday: Cleveland Glenville visits Warren Harding (Harding won 30-26 last year).
OSU Verbal Outside Ohio
Fort Valley (Ga.) Peach County improved to 1-3 with a 55-6 win over Macon Southwest. QB Antonio Henton, an OSU verbal, threw for 155 yards in the win.