Here are some main highlights:
- OSU coaches visited him just a short time before the show, and he said it went well. Ira didn't specify what position he preferred. "My main purpose is to get on the field," he said. "I can play either (offense) or (defense)."
- He had 2,300 yards and 30 TDs on offense last year, and defensively, he had 87 tackles and 1 INT ("Nobody likes to throw my way anymore," he said).
- When asked about comparisons to current players such as Mike Doss and Jack Tatum, Ira said it was an honor. "I'm still in high school; I haven't done anything yet," he said.
- Ira's father's side comes from Ohio, so he has family roots in the Buckeye state.
- Ira is down to OSU and ND with a visit to Rutgers next. "In my mind, I'm still leaning to Ohio State, but Notre Dame opened my eyes a little bit," he said. He said he is 65% towards OSU.
- Justin is a Minnesota commitment, but he is still interested in Ohio State. OSU has been recruiting him all along and it started to increase when JaJa Riley left.
- Coach Conley called Justin about a week ago about a visit. Justin is not sure what weekend it would be (either this one or the next). He said neither he nor his friend Ernie Wheelwright (also a Minnesota commitment) have been offered by OSU.
- Justin was really in his first year at RB, and he said it doesn't matter to him where he plays on the next level. He's 6-2, 212, and ran a 4.47 at OSU camp. He had over 1300 yards and 15 TDs last year with 130 tackles, 4 INTs and 5 sacks on defense.