Baylor received the other nine votes and was second in the poll. Oklahoma had 548 points overall and Baylor had 508. Points were awarded with 10 points for a first place vote, nine points for a second place vote, eight points for third, seven points for fourth, etc.
Here is the complete results of the Big 12 poll and below it my ballot that was sent to the Big 12. The Oklahoman released in the interest of full disclosure the votes that their staff sent in. Jason Kersey voted Oklahoma State seventh and Ryan Aber voted Oklahoma State sixth.
2014 Big 12 Media Poll
1. Oklahoma (47) 548
2. Baylor (9) 508
3. Kansas State 377
4. Texas 376
5. Oklahoma State 312
6. Texas Tech 308
7. TCU 297
8. West Virginia 170
9. Iowa State 121
10. Kansas 63
Here is my vote for the poll that I emailed to the Big 12 office.
1. Oklahoma - I honestly think Baylor is more talented and I voted more Bears on the All-Big 12 team, but the Baylor-OU showdown is in Norman.
2. Baylor - Triplets on offense including Petty at QB and a new stadium to help them defend their Big 12 title.
3. Kansas State - If they find a running back and shore up the defense they could make a title run.
4. Oklahoma State - The Cowboys are young and inexperienced, but they have some talent and key components.
5. TCU - I think Patterson's Frogs will have a solid defense but can the combo of Meacham and Cumbie deliver some offense?
6. Texas - Just not a believer and hear that the entire team is not completely on board whether it is the coach or the quarterback.
7. Texas Tech - The Red Raiders look to be 6-0 versus non conference and the bottom three in the Big 12, but can they win another?
8. Iowa State - Cyclones addition of Mark Mangino as OC will be fun to watch.
9. West Virginia - The top two were decided by who was hosting and the bottom two are the same way as Kansas has to go to Morgantown.
10. Kansas - I believe that the Jayhawks will be better, but they had a long way to go.