Three Reasons OU Could Win:
1. Momentum--The Sooners are a team full of a ton of confidence right now, winning four straight conference games after going winless for nearly a year (12 outings) prior to that. It's obvious that the Sooners believe they can win, and that's one of the most important things midseason when it comes to teams' success.
2. Key youthful players stepping up--It's no secret that freshmen guards Carl Blair and Cameron Clark have provided a huge boost for this team. Blair has really picked up the pace in his assist-turnover ratio, totaling 57 dimes to only 27 TO's in their 12 victories and several of those have been recently. Clark has averaged 13.4 points and 5.4 rebounds per contest in the last 13 games after netting just 5.5 points and 4.3 boards in the first eight contests.
3. History--The Sooners own the all-time series 126-92, so it's really not close. Three of the past five seasons OU has swept the season series, and it has won six of the past nine and nine of the last 14. Historically, the Sooners have a huge advantage when it comes to Bedlam.
Three Reasons OU Could Lose:
1. That same history--Although OU has always fared well against OSU, it hasn't quite been that case in Stillwater. The Cowboys have a 59-42 lead in the overall series when the game is on their home court. Since 1996-97, the inception of the Big 12 conference, OU is only 5-9 at Gallagher Iba. Last year, OSU won 97-76 in Stillwater.
2. Road struggles--Until last weekend's victory at Iowa State, the Sooners hadn't won an away game in 12 tries, a streak that dated back to Dec. 12, 2009 when they defeated the Utah Utes in Salt Lake City. Even so, OU is only 1-8 this season away from Lloyd Noble Center. Statistics here don't point in the Sooners favor.
3. Inside/outside game of Marshall Moses and Keiton Page--The Cowboys may be tied for ninth in the conference standings, but it's not for a complete lack of talent. Moses leads the squad with 15 points and eight rebounds per contest, while Page adds 14 points per game of his own. This is a pair of two very good Big 12 players the Sooners will have to deal with.