- The game is played on the home field of the Arizona State Sun Devils, Sun Devil Stadium, which seats 71,706 regularly but 56,000 for the Insight Bowl.
- Four banks of quartz-iodide flood lights suspended 200 feet over the playing field illuminate the surface, and it is 122 feet from the field to the top of the grandstand (about 12 stories).
- It is played on natural hybrid bermuda grass surface.
- The Insight Bowl has been in existence for 23 years dating back to its first edition in 1989. Arizona won that rendition of the game 17-10 over North Carolina State.
- Iowa won last year's Insight Bowl 27-24 over then-No. 12 Missouri after returning a late interception 72 yards for a touchdown in the fourth quarter. It helped to prevent Iowa from losing after it blew a 14-point second quarter lead.
- The Big 12 has won four of the last five Insight Bowls, including four in a row by four different teams (Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Iowa State) between 2006 and 2009.
- OU's last appearance in the Insight was a 31-6 thrashing at the hands of the Brigham Young Cougars back in 1995. Gary Gibbs was OU's coach that year, and despite the loss, Broderick Simpson earned Defensive Player of the Game honors for OU.
- Current Big 12 teams have an 8-4 all-time record in the Insight Bowl. That includes victories from Iowa State and Texas Tech twice, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri and Oklahoma State. Oklahoma has never won the Insight Bowl with just the one loss in one try.
- The team who has scored first has won 77.3 percent of the games. The one leading after the first quarter has been victorious in 63.6 percent of contests, and the team with the advantage at halftime has won 18-of-22 or 81.8 percent of the time. Teams leading after the third quarter have a 86.3 percent winning rate in the Insight Bowl.
- A total of 1,280 points have been scored all-time in the Insight Bowl, with 25.3, 28.4, 20.4 and 25.2 percent coming in the first, second, third and fourth quarters, respectively.
Insight Bowl: Fast Facts
Sooners Illustrated Top Stories
Video: Bob Stoops after 66-59 win at TechOU coach Bob Stoops' opening statement following Sooners wild 66-59 victory at Texas Tech.
Sooners IllustratedYesterday at 10:43 PM
Video: Baker Mayfield on record-setting nightOU quarterback Baker Mayfield talks about his record-setting seven-touchdown performance against Texas Tech in his return to Lubbock.
Sooners IllustratedYesterday at 10:30 PM
OU commits Barnes, Rising with major injuriesOU commits Robert Barnes and Cameron Rising both suffered major injuries Friday evening.
Sooners IllustratedYesterday at 2:33 PM
OU back to the WR target boardJalen Reagor is out of SoonerSquad17. So who's in? Trying to figure out the answer.
Sooners IllustratedFriday at 6:22 AM
SoonerSquad17 more than a class, it's familyOU's SoonerSquad17 is a lot more than a No. 1-ranked class... it's a family.
Sooners IllustratedFriday at 6:20 AM