It's safe to say OU's next commitment could be a bit of a surprise, but it might not be.
These are several guys OU has extended an offer to that could realistically be No. 2.
1. DE Matt Dimon (Katy HS in Katy, TX)--According to our own Ahmard Vital, Dimon was extremely close to giving his verbal to OU but just wanted to take a little time so that he didn't rush his decision. Dimon admits OU is well ahead of the rest of his offers, including Baylor, Boise State, Mississippi, Missouri, Rice, Texas Tech and Vanderbilt. And the 6-foot-3, 255-pounder fits OU's mold of an athletic defensive end who relentlessly gets to the quarterback (see 12 sacks and 20 tackles for loss), so that's reason to believe he could make the decision soon to don the Crimson and Cream.
2. DT Justin Manning (Justin F Kimball HS in Dallas, TX)--Manning visited during OU's last Junior Day and was very impressed with what he saw. He was also satisfied to finally receive a Sooner offer, which the coaching staff wanted to extend to him in person. A five-star interior defensive lineman, Manning is believed to still be an OU lean even though he has still yet to commit after that visit, according to sources. He's wanting to wait it out until he's 100 percent sure, but there's still a lot of reason to believe OU stands strong here.
3. QB Max Browne (Skyline HS in Sammamish, WA)--Browne took a visit to check out the Sooner campus and Oklahoma soil for the first time this week and the complete verdict is still yet to be released. But suffice it to say Browne thinks really highly of the OU program and had them up among his leaders prior to the visit. And he wants to get his decision out of the way before his senior year. The Sooners are looking for yet another pure pocket passer and spread quarterback, and Browne fits that mold.
4. DE Kylie Fitts (Redlands East Valley HS in Redlands, CA)--Defensive ends coach Bobby Jack Wright and the Sooners have someone here fans should really keep a close watch on. Fitts recently listed a top three of OU, Washington and California out of his 13 offers, which include a number of Pac 12 schools, among others. OU stands strong with him at this point.
5. DE D.J. Ward (Lawton HS in Lawton, OK)--He has long had the Sooners in his top three and being an in-state product gives defensive ends coach Bobby Jack Wright and OU a huge advantage. Ward has visited the Sooners over Junior Day and came away satisfied, so that's an encouraging sign. Arizona, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and Tulsa have also offered.
6. S Erik Huhn (Cibolo Steele HS in Cibolo, TX)--When he visited over the first set of Junior Days, Huhn was extremely impressed with what he saw. He said he "liked the coaches a lot" and "liked the campus a lot." The discussions with the coaching staff seemed to go really well and it wouldn't be shocking to see him pull the trigger at some point, though he also lists offers from Baylor, Duke, Houston, TCU and Texas Tech.