Every week, Sooners Illustrated ranked the top 11 players of Oklahoma’s most recent game. Each player was assigned a point value, and those points were totaled up and kept.
But before the top 11 players for the Sooners are revealed, here’s a look at some of the most interesting points and the best players who didn’t make the top 11:
• No player had more points in the final five games of the season than fullback Aaron Ripkowski, who finished first or second in four of the five games, but he didn’t score a point in the first seven games.
• Samaje Perine led the team with three first-place finishes. Eight other players finished first once at least one time.
• Defensive end Charles Tapper was the lowest finishing starter with 10 points this season. He placed on the list four times but never higher than seventh.
• No player made the top 11 every week of the season.
• Zack Sanchez finished either in the top two spots or in the bottom three – never in between.
• Thirty three different players finished on the list at some point this season (15 on offense, 15 on defense, 3 on special teams).
• Daryl Williams made the list 11 times (tops on offense), and Dominique Alexander made the list 10 times (tops on defense).
• Alex Ross is the highest overall finishing player on the team who didn’t finish in the top spot at least once.