The Big 12 Conference released its full slate Thursday, which means Oklahoma has its full men’s basketball schedule for the 2015-16 season.
A schedule that was already one of the toughest in the nation with a nine-game, non-conference schedule that included four major conference teams and a holiday tournament in Hawaii, just got even tougher.
Here’s a few notes on the Sooners’ schedule:
Big Stage, Big Monday - Oklahoma will be on a national stage three times this season. Picked for ESPN’s Big Monday in games at Kansas (Jan. 4) in the second game of conference play, at Iowa State two weeks later on Jan. 18 and at home against Texas on Feb. 8
Prior to all three games, Oklahoma will have to travel after a Saturday contest.
A tough road early - With Big Monday games against Iowa State and Kansas already scheduled for the first month of the conference slate, the Big 12 Conference added a trip to Oklahoma State and a home game against the Cyclones to start the conference year on Jan. 2
Oklahoma will play Baylor, Iowa State and Kansas four of the allotted six times before February. Those teams finished first, second and fourth in the conference last year – surrounding the Sooners.
The Sooners will play only one team on the road that finished above-.500 in the league last year after Jan. 23 – West Virginia on Feb. 20.
Closing strong - Oklahoma plays back-to-back road games only once, but it’s the farthest distance. After a game against Texas Tech on Feb. 17, the Sooners travel to West Virginia three days later.
That rough trip starts the stretch run of the season that includes a home game against Oklahoma State, a road trip to Texas and a home game against Baylor. The Sooners close the regular season with a trip to TCU.
Baylor might be a sneaky surprise near the end of the season. The Bears were the only conference team last year to win at least six road games.
- Jan. 2 vs. Iowa State, 6 p.m. (ESPN2)
- Jan. 4 at Kansas, 8 p.m. (ESPN)
- Jan 9. vs. Kansas State
- Jan. 13 at Oklahoma State, 8 p.m. (ESPNU)
- Jan. 16 vs. West Virginia, 3 p.m. (ESPN2)
- Jan. 18 at Iowa State, 8 p.m. (ESPN)
- Jan. 23 at Baylor, 11 a.m. (ESPN2)
- Jan. 26 vs. Texas Tech, 6 p.m. (ESPN2)
- Feb. 2 vs. TCU, 7 p.m.
- Feb. 6 at Kansas State, 5 p.m. (ESPNU)
- Feb. 8 vs. Texas, 8 p.m. (ESPN)
- Feb. 13 vs. Kansas, 1 p.m. (ESPN2)
- Feb. 17 at Texas Tech, 8 p.m. (ESPNU)
- Feb. 20 at West Virginia, 3 p.m. (ESPN2)
- Feb. 24 vs. Oklahoma State
- Feb. 27 at Texas, 1 p.m. (CBS)
- March 1 vs. Baylor, 7 p.m. (ESPN2)
- March 5 at TCU, Noon