* The Big 12 announced Sunday afternoon that next weekend's OU-Iowa State game will kickoff at 11:30 a.m. (CST). The game will also be televised nationally on Fox Sports Net.
* The Associated Press and Coaches Top 25 Polls were released Sunday and the Sooners dropped nine spots in each poll. OU dropped from 14th to 23rd in the AP Poll and 13th to 22nd in the Coaches Poll.
* Offensviely, the Sooners drop from 23rd to 26th (399.8 ypg) in total offense and 9th to 23rd in scoring offense (32.60 ppg). The passing offense fell from 32nd to 37th (230.8 ypg), while the rushing offense fell from 24th to 31st (169.0 ypg).
* Defensively, OU fell from 41st to 48th in scoring defense (19.8 ppg), but rose from 56th to 41st in total defense (303.2 ypg). The pass defense (174.60 ypg) rose from 60th to 33rd and the rushing defense rose from 66th to 58th (128.6 ypg).
* Adrian Peterson fell from third to fourth in rushing yards per game (150.4), Paul Thompson fell from 12th to 23rd in passing efficiency and Malcolm Kelly dropped from 10th to 23rd in receving yards per game. Peterson did rise to 2nd on the all-purpose runners rankings (199.2 ypg). The Palestine, Texas native is also just 334 yards shy of breaking Billy Sims' all-time Oklahoma rushing record.
* OU's strength of schedule against past opposition is now 15th. They're SOS against future opponents is ranked 50th nationally and their combined SOS (including past and future opponents) is 24th.
*This weekend's opponent (Iowa State) comes into Saturday's game at 3-3 with wins over Toledo (45-43), UNLV (16-10) and Northern Iowa (28-27), and losses at Iowa (27-17), at Texas (37-14) and Nebraska (28-14) in Ames. Their SOS against past opposition is currented ranked 50th nationally.
* Punter Michael Cohen dropped from 13th nationally to 37th (41.53 ypp).
Monday Morning News and Notes
Sooners Illustrated Top Stories
Five questions: Texas TechRaiderPower.com publisher Jarret Johnson stops by for five questions about Texas Tech.
Sooners IllustratedYesterday at 9:50 AM
OU mid-season report: Special teamsSpecial teams at midway point for OU features some good and some, well, still waiting.
Sooners IllustratedYesterday at 8:03 AM
Union-Southmoore 'must-win' for bothThursday night is a must-win game for both Union and Southmoore.
Sooners IllustratedYesterday at 7:07 AM
OU mid-season report: DefenseQuestions still swirl around OU's defense at the halfway point of season.
Sooners IllustratedWednesday at 9:56 AM
Inside the Matchup: Oklahoma vs Texas TechThe Sooners travel to Lubbock to face the Red Raiders.
Scout CFBWednesday at 9:29 AM