* The Sooners are now ranked No. 20 in both the Associated Press and Coaches Top 25 Polls. They are also ranked No. 22 in the BCS Standings, which were released officially for the first time Sunday afternoon.
* After Saturday's win over Iowa State, Oklahoma's strength of schedule rating against past opposition dropped from 15th to 23rd. Their SOS against future opponents is ranked 43rd and their combined SOS is currently 27th.
* Colorado, the Sooners' opponent next Saturday, has an SOS of No. 55 against past opposition. The Buffaloes come into Norman with a 1-6 record. They started the season 0-5 with losses to Montana State at home (19-10), Colorado State in Denver (14-10), Arizona State at home, at Georgia (14-13) and at Missouri (28-13). However, the 'Buffs bounced back in a big way with a 30-6 win over Texas Tech last weekend.
* The Buffaloes rank 103rd nationally, out of 119 teams, in total offense and 106th in scoring offense (15.71 ppg). They rank 30th in rushing offense, but are 115th in passing offense. Defensively, Colorado is 46th in scoring defense (19.43) and 54th in total defense.
* Oklahoma currently ranks 25th in scoring offense, 19th in scoring offense (32.83 ppg), 25th in rushing offense and 41st in passing offense. Defensively, the Sooners rank 33rd in total defense and 37th in scoring defense (18.0 ppg). They are 49th against the run and 41st in pass defense.
* Adrian Peterson ended his season ranked 2nd nationally in rushing (155.83 ypg), 2nd among all-purpose runners (204.0 ypg) and 4th in scoring. Senior quarterback Paul Thompson currently ranks 24th nationally and 4th in the Big 12 in passing efficiency, 29th in passing yards (1,334) per game (222.33 ypg) and 38th in passing yards. Sophomore receiver Malcolm Kelly is 31st in receiving yards per game (76.67) 42nd in receiving yards (460)
* The Sooners and Buffaloes will kick off at 6 p.m. Saturday night in Norman. The game will be televised nationally by Fox Sports Net.
Monday Morning News and Notes
Sooners Illustrated Top Stories
Video: Joe Mixon with historic outing for OUOU coach Bob Stoops talks about the huge performance running back Joe Mixon had in Sooners 66-59 win at Texas Tech.
Sooners Illustrated2:50 PM
Home sweet home in Lubbock for Baker MayfieldA sweeter reunion there couldn't have been for OU quarterback Baker Mayfield in his return to Lubbock.
Sooners IllustratedYesterday at 11:23 PM
Video: Bob Stoops after 66-59 win at TechOU coach Bob Stoops' opening statement following Sooners wild 66-59 victory at Texas Tech.
Sooners IllustratedYesterday at 10:43 PM
Video: Baker Mayfield on record-setting nightOU quarterback Baker Mayfield talks about his record-setting seven-touchdown performance against Texas Tech in his return to Lubbock.
Sooners IllustratedYesterday at 10:30 PM