As more than 80,000 descend on Norman, officials in the OU Athletics Department encourage individuals to plan ahead. The official web site for Oklahoma Athletics, SoonerSports.com, contains most of what any fan might need in the way of information. It is similar to the information presented here …
ACCESSING THE STADIUM
• Access Management System will be used for entry at all gates. The bar code on each ticket will be scanned by the gate attendant. Each individual is encouraged to hold their own ticket to assist in expediting the scanning process. As fans enter the stadium, they should make sure that the ticket-taker has scanned the ticket(s) to ensure that your attendance is counted towards your priority points. If a ticket is damaged and cannot be scanned, fans should visit one of the ticket resolution centers at Ticket Office near Gate 1 and gates 5, 7, 10 and 12.
• Students (Gates 7 & 12) and suite and club seat holders and Santee Lounge guests (Gates 3, 10 and Asp Parking Garage Level 5) may enter the stadium two hours prior to kickoff. All others may enter 90 minutes before kickoff.
• Gates for general public entry are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11 and 12.
• East side suite and club seat holders may enter through gate 10 or any other gate. An interior entrance for club and suite holders also exists inside the stadium at gate 10 for patrons who may have entered the stadium at another location.
• Student ticket upgrades will be addressed at Gate 7.
• Public Will Call, lost ticket reports and Disability Services are located in the main ticket office, located in the Asp Avenue Parking Facility, near Gate 1.
• Pedestrians coming to the stadium from the north can walk south down Asp Avenue, then follow sidewalks to the east of Oklahoma Memorial Union and Price College of Business. Fans can also go west on sidewalks south of the Union that run through an area between the Library and the College of Business to a sidewalk on the north end of Van Fleet Oval. Also available are the sidewalks down Jenkins Avenue, which is one block east of Asp.
Public parking is limited on the main campus on game days. Fans are encouraged to arrive early. For pay parking lot locations please refer to the football parking map. There is a $10 charge for parking. Spaces are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. It is recommended that fans utilize one of the three shuttle systems available.
Limited parking that once existed on Brooks Street (north of the stadium) is no longer available, and that street has been closed. Patrons are reminded to avoid parking in yellow-curbed areas, fire lanes and grass areas. Vehicles parked in those areas may be towed.
Free parking is available at the Lloyd Noble Center located approximately one mile south of the stadium. A shuttle is provided for $2 round trip and unloads one block south of the stadium on First Street. The shuttle provides return trips for one hour after the conclusion of the game.
Most lots near the Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium are reserved and require a pass. Please refer to the football parking map for locations of those lots.
Asp Avenue Parking Facility
Patrons parking in the new Asp Avenue Parking facility may be subject to vehicle searches. Photo identification matching the name of the person to whom the parking pass is issued is required. The parking facility closes on 6 PM each Friday of a home game and re-opens five hours prior to kickoff on Saturday for those with the appropriate parking credentials to that facility.
Disability parking on main campus is limited. Reserved disability parking is available for a fee and is located in the parking facility connected to the west side of the stadium. Please call (405) 325-3311.
Free Game Day Parking
It is available at the Lloyd Noble Center (located approximately one mile south of the stadium). Patrons with a disability may ride the disability shuttle for $2 round trip. The disability shuttle originates at the Lloyd Noble Center and unloads on Asp Avenue, immediately west of the stadium, by Gates 1 through 4. Because of the high demand for the shuttle service, the service is restricted to those patrons who have a disability and one (1) caretaker for riders needing additional assistance. For more information about disability parking services, please call the Parking & Transportation Office at (405) 325-3311.
Bus & RV Parking
Bus parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis on the South Oval. Once the South Oval bus parking fills bus drivers will be instructed to unload and then proceed to the Lloyd Noble Center to park for the game. There is no charge for bus parking and space cannot be reserved.
RV parking will be available in the southwest corner of the Lloyd Noble Center located approximately one mile south of the stadium with access to the Lloyd Noble Center shuttle to the stadium. A limited number of reserved electric (30 & 50 amps) and non-electric spaces are available for purchase on a season and single game basis.
For more information about RV parking at the Lloyd Noble Center please call the Lloyd Noble Center Business Office at (405) 325-4666. RV parking is not allowed in any campus parking lot except for those designated for RV parking.
• Lloyd Noble Center: This shuttle begins three hours before kickoff and is available at a cost of $2 per rider. Lift-equipped vans also operate in a shuttle to and from the stadium. Those leave from the northeast corner of the LNC parking lot. The shuttles run continuously from three hours before the game until one hour after the game. All patrons at the shuttle stop one hour after the game ends will be transported. For information, call 405/325-2278.
• Max Westheimer Field: The shuttle operates between the terminal and University Blvd., and Boyd Avenue. It begins three hours before kickoff. Information on that shuttle also can be obtained by calling 405/325-2278..
No public re-entry is permitted with medical/emergency situations being only exception.
• Medical/Emergency - Fans may exit and return to the stadium at any time during the game for medical or other emergency situations. Extraordinary circumstances may permit emergency exit at any gate. Fans departing for medical/emergency situations will be allowed to exit and re-enter throughout the game with pass out check and ticket back through the same gate when exiting the stadium.
RESTRICTED ITEMS & SEARCHES
Except for items pertaining to medical conditions or child care, all bags, backpacks, large cases for binoculars/cameras or other items, fanny packs and large purses (larger than 10" by 10") are prohibited and banned. Only items required for medical or family needs plus empty, clear personal-sized containers suitable for drinking water are permitted. All carried items and entrants are subject to search. Prohibited items must be returned to the owner's car or discarded. Any unlawful items are subject to confiscation, and the person in possession is subject to arrest.
Prohibited items include:
• Alcoholic beverages
• Baby seats
• Baby strollers
• Backpacks, fanny packs, large purses (larger than 10" by 10")
• Banners, Signs
• Beach Balls
• Cameras (professional equipment or cameras with long telephoto lenses)
• Coolers or containers
• Folding chairs or stools
• Food and beverages
• Ice chest
• Laser pointers
• Pets (with the exception of service animals used by disabled guests)
• Personal heaters
• Stadium seats with armrests and/or over 16 inches wide
• Umbrellas are NOT allowed inside the stadium per Big XII Conference
• Noisemakers of any type (i.e. air horn, plastic horn, whistles, etc.)
• Video cameras
SOONER FAN FEST
Sooner Fan Fest, presented by The Oklahoman and Cox Communications, is an interactive area located on the grounds directly north of the stadium. The event is free to the public and includes food vendors, games for children, autograph opportunities, radio pre-game shows and Go Vision, a 20 foot video board that will display games from around the country. Sooner Fan Fest opens three hours prior to kickoff and closes when the Pride of Oklahoma Marching Band enters the stadium or start of the game.
SPECIAL SEATING REQUIREMENTS
Oklahoma offers ADA seating the day of the game. OU will trade two (2) of your current tickets for two (2) ADA seats: one (1) for the person in need of assistance and one (1) for a companion. It is on a first come, first served basis. Those interested will need to come to the OU Athletics Ticket Office located in the Asp Ave. Parking Facility immediately west of the stadium in order to exchange tickets for ADA seating on the day of the game.
The season ticket holder must provide a doctor's note stating that an elevator is required due to a medical condition. This letter must be presented to the ticket office prior to the day of the event. Please contact the OU Athletics Ticket Office.
Three hours prior to kickoff there will be two street closures adjacent to the stadium. Lindsey Street, which runs east and west along the southern edge of the stadium will close at Elm (west of the stadium) to just east of Jenkins Ave. Only those patrons with parking credentials for the Asp Avenue Parking Facility or the MP12 lot will be able to access Lindsey, and they must approach from the west. The other street closure is on Jenkins Ave., a north-south street that borders the eastern side of the stadium. That street will be closed from Brooks (north of the stadium) to Farmers St., to the south.
Alcoholic Beverages: Alcoholic beverages of any kind are prohibited in public areas at OU athletic events.
Animals: No pets or animals of any kind are allowed in the facilities, with the exception of service animals used by disabled guests.
ATM Machines: An ATM machine is located on the east and west side in stadium, between Gates 1 & 2 and Gates 9 & 10.
Band Route: This season, the Pride of Oklahoma's pre-game activities will include a concert on the lawn area just north of Jacobsen Hall, directly across from Campus Corner. The concert will begin one hour and thirty minutes prior to kick off. Additionally, on all home game dates, the Pride will parade to the stadium and will pass through Campus Corner, with the exception of the Homecoming game.
Banners & Signs: Only banners approved by game management may be displayed in designated areas.
Camera Policy: Point-and-shoot cameras are permitted inside the stadium. Video cameras are prohibited inside the stadium.
Chair Back Rental: Sooner seat backs are available at all major entrances of Memorial Stadium for $5.
Checked Items: If a guest has items that cannot be brought into the facility, those items are not to be left at the gate for pickup after the game.
Concessions: The concession stands located throughout the Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, offers an exciting menu for fans in 2008. See stadium map for locations. No outside food or beverages are permitted.
Disability Seating: For information on disability seating call the Athletic Ticket Office at 800-456-GoOU or visit their office located on the plaza level of the Asp Avenue Parking Facility immediately west of Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.
Evacuation: In case of evacuation instructions will be given over the public address system. Gate personnel and ushers will assist directing fans to the appropriate exits.
Exiting After Games: Guests will leave the facilities via the main gates. No guests are permitted on the field.
First Aid: Gomer Jones Medical Facility - located at the North End of the stadium - Section 19 ground level.
Gates Open: Gates 7 & 12 will open two hours prior to kickoff for OU students with a game ticket and valid OU ID; All suites, club and Santee Lounge patrons are allowed in gates 3 & 10 two hours prior to kick-off; All other Gates 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, & 11 will open one and one-half hour or (90 minutes) prior to kickoff.
Guest Service Kiosk: Kiosks will be located near gates 1, 5, 7, 11/12 along with upper decks on east and west. The kiosks are available to provide fans with a convenient location to obtain information, offer suggestions, voice concerns and request assistance during games.
Inclement Weather: In the event of inclement weather, (i.e. dangerous winds, tornado, electrical storm, etc.) all guests must be advised that it is in their best interest to seek shelter. Emergency instructions will be delivered via the public address system and the message boards when possible.
Lost Children: Parents/guardians with a lost child should contact the nearest police officer or event staff member. That person will then contact the proper personnel to insure the quickest remedy to the situation. If a child gets separated from his/her party, he/she should notify the nearest police officer or event staff member. If the child knows his/her seat location, attempts will be made to return the child to that location.
A "TAG-A-KID" program is offered to fans attending the game with children. Patrons wishing to participate should visit the TAG-A-KID booth located at Sooner Fan Fest on the North side of the stadium prior to the game. A representative will provide children a wristband containing their parent or guardian's name and seat location, making it easier to reunite the parties should they become separated.
Lost & Found: During the game you may check at the Gomer Jones Medical Facility office located in the North End of the stadium. After the game, all unclaimed items are turned over to the OU Physical Plant, and you may contact them at 405-325-6953 if you have any questions.
Merchandise & Game Programs: Merchandise stands are located along the East side, West side, North End Zone and the South End Zone. Official game programs are on sale for $5 outside the stadium and at select locations inside the stadium.
Radios/Televisions: Single speaker radios and hand held televisions are allowed into the stadium only if they do not interfere with other guests' enjoyment of the game.
Smoking: Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium is a non-smoking facility. Designated smoking areas are located at gates 1, 5, 7, 11. (West Side ramp for Santee Lounge & Upper Deck Patrons and near Section 234 for those in the upper deck east side.)
Throwing Items: Throwing items will not be tolerated. The offender will be removed from the stadium and is subject to arrest. A police officer does not have to see this activity to have the person removed.
Tickets: For ticket information call (800) 456-GoOU or order online at www.SoonerSports.com. The OU Athletic Ticket Office is located on the plaza level of the Asp Avenue Parking Facility immediately west of Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. The OU Athletic Ticket Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. The Ticket Office is open at least 3 hours prior to kickoff on game days. The OU Athletic Ticket Office is not responsible for and cannot guarantee the authenticity of any tickets purchased from someone other than the Ticket Office. Will Call is located in the Ticket Office. Photo identification must be presented in order to receive tickets.
Video Cameras: Video cameras are prohibited inside of the stadium.